Main Menu

Fury

Started by GDS_Starfury, July 30, 2014, 08:44:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

GDS_Starfury

Jarhead - Yeah. You're probably right.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

Martok

Hadn't heard of this one before, but now I want to see it as well.  Thanks for the heads-up Star
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Barthheart

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

GDS_Starfury

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

mirth

I keep seeing the title and hoping it's actually for a new Nick Fury movie with Samuel L. Jackson.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

GDS_Starfury

this addiction of yours with the bbc has got to stop.

mirth

Quote from: GDS_Starfury on July 31, 2014, 11:25:49 PM
this addiction of yours with the bbc has got to stop.

If BBC= Big Boobs Channel, you are right.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Sir Slash

Did somebody say Boobs? I thought it was an updated version of my favorite kids show about a horse named Fury. Why not? They've re-done everything else. Did I ask if somebody said Boobs?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

eyebiter

Sir Slash

My local theatre has the movie showing tonight at 7pm. I wasn't expecting it out before tomorrow. Will post my uppity opinion later to rub in the fact I got to see it first.  ;D
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Centurion40

I hope that it isn't Das Boot in a tank.
Any time is a good time for pie.

Arctic Blast

Quote from: Centurion40 on October 16, 2014, 11:44:37 AM
I hope that it isn't Das Boot in a tank.

I think you're safe. Fury doesn't look like it has any interesting characters or plot development whatsoever.  :coolsmiley:

Sir Slash

OK, here's my impressions. The movie tries real hard to be equal parts Sole Survivor and Saving Pvt. Ryan complete with the mandatory heroic last stand at the end. It also goes way out of it's way to be as dark and ugly as possible while not spoiling all the violence with any kind of a message or moral to the story. For the life of me I don't know after 2 hours and 15 min., what the hell this movie was about except for Americans and Germans killing each other. I mean not a single, "The more Germans we kill, the sooner this war will be over" or some other reason to kill all those Nazi bastards other than they're Nazi's and bastards. On the positive side, there's some great action scenes and comic book-like fights and the tank battle with the Tiger is worth the price of admission by itself. And the tanks look gorgeous. The acting's good and the scenery very believable. I wanted to love this movie but can't in all conscience give it more than a 6 out of 10. If only it was ABOUT something. Just me. ;)

GDS_Starfury

ummm.....

its about a tank crew having a shitty day.  why do things have to have a deeper meaning?