Steel Beasts Pro Discussion Thread

Started by Asid, July 16, 2014, 05:40:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

jomni

Well I got the invoice but not the upgrade steps. I guess I gotta wait till the staff gets back to the office. Or did I miss something?

Asid

Quote from: jomni on July 17, 2014, 08:21:21 PM
Well I got the invoice but not the upgrade steps. I guess I gotta wait till the staff gets back to the office. Or did I miss something?

You should receive an email that contains at least one link (possibly 2). the link should look like this

"https://lc.codemeter.com/35037/depot/get.php?id=**********************"

If you do then make sure the dongle is in a port and activate the link. It will take you to a page where you "Activate" the license. wait for the process to complete.. approx 10 seconds. Job done.

Regards
War in Pieces

I stand against Racism, Bigotry and Bullying

Nefaro

Quote from: Asid on July 17, 2014, 08:26:50 PM

You should receive an email that contains at least one link (possibly 2). the link should look like this

If you do then make sure the dongle is in a port and activate the link. It will take you to a page where you "Activate" the license. wait for the process to complete.. approx 10 seconds. Job done.

Regards

So does that upgrade process actually upgrade the software/firmware on the Dongle or do you have to do this every time you re-install with an older dongle and an upgrade?

Yskonyn

Quote from: Asid
Let me know what time you are thinking.

Regards

I have to see the doctor for some ear problems at 08:50z and when I get back I will be ready to rock and roll!
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jomni

Quote from: Nefaro on July 18, 2014, 12:10:38 AM
Quote from: Asid on July 17, 2014, 08:26:50 PM

Regards

So does that upgrade process actually upgrade the software/firmware on the Dongle or do you have to do this every time you re-install with an older dongle and an upgrade?

By the sound of it, it will upgrade the license in your dangle so that you can use version 3. You will have to update the game to version 3 as well. You don't need to do this every time. Just when there is a major (paid)  upgrade.

jomni

Damn autocorrect. Now I called it a dangle

Staggerwing

^Main gun elevation problem?

I've got to look around and find my SBPro disc and 'dangle' and see what version I have. I think it's 2-something so maybe I can upgrade for $40.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Asid

Quote from: Yskonyn on July 18, 2014, 12:20:04 AM
Quote from: Asid
Let me know what time you are thinking.

Regards

I have to see the doctor for some ear problems at 08:50z and when I get back I will be ready to rock and roll!

I hear ya...  ::)
War in Pieces

Asid

Quote from: Nefaro on July 18, 2014, 12:10:38 AM

These are the upgrades/updates:

Dongle firmware. Very rarely. Easy to do by just pressing a button. (FREE)

License upgrade. from v2 - v3 for example. You simply purchase the license online. They send you an email with instructions and a link. Press the link. Press activate and the license that is on your dongle is upgraded to the new version. The dongle must be in a port at the time.

Software update. This is just an update to the simulation software. V2.xx- V3.xx etc (FREE but you need an active license that will run that version)

Regards
War in Pieces

Asid

Quote from: Staggerwing on July 18, 2014, 05:39:48 AM
^Main gun elevation problem?

I've got to look around and find my SBPro disc and 'dangle' and see what version I have. I think it's 2-something so maybe I can upgrade for $40.

Yes
V 2.xx to V 3 is $40

You do not need the disc. In fact just download the new version
v3.011 Here http://www.esimgames.com/?page_id=1390

Regards
War in Pieces

Nefaro

Thanks for the clarifications.

I decided to purchase a month's worth to make sure it jives with my desktop pc.  Looks to be just fine.

Now to push up the terrain display distance settings to eleven and see how it does.

Asid

Quote from: Nefaro on July 18, 2014, 08:55:07 AM

I decided to purchase a month's worth to make sure it jives with my desktop pc.  Looks to be just fine.

Now to push up the terrain display distance settings to eleven and see how it does.

It works on quite a few different specs. Shadows and Ground clutter are the main FPS killers.

Are you using the 64 bit beta?

Regards
War in Pieces

Nefaro

Quote from: Asid on July 18, 2014, 09:33:18 AM
Quote from: Nefaro on July 18, 2014, 08:55:07 AM

It works on quite a few different specs. Shadows and Ground clutter are the main FPS killers.

Are you using the 64 bit beta?

Regards

I'm not using the 64-bit beta.  Was afraid of breaking anything with the licensing stuff. 

My FPS is fine.  I noticed no difference between having the display distances cranked up or at default.   This new machine doesn't break a sweat.   I could easily crank it up further than what I currently have but it's close enough for my liking.  Hell.. my pc fans are running at regular idle speed the whole time.

However, I get an occasional stutter no matter what my settings are.  It's not anything big.. but can be rather annoying when it happens every few minutes.  Doesn't seem to be anything specific setting it off.. it's just there.  *shrug*

Asid

Hi Nefaro

Stutter? Try reducing shadows a little. Restart the pc ... helps sometimes :)

Beta 64? Doesn't break a thing as it is basically just an extra exe file. So you can select your standard install or beta at any time.

Regards
War in Pieces

Nefaro

Quote from: Asid on July 18, 2014, 10:49:27 AM
Hi Nefaro

Stutter? Try reducing shadows a little. Restart the pc ... helps sometimes :)

Beta 64? Doesn't break a thing as it is basically just an extra exe file. So you can select your standard install or beta at any time.

Regards

The x64 is just an updated EXE?  Hrmm.. I may give it a shot.

As for the stutter, I should probably reboot my computer anyway.  It's been running for awhile.