Grand Tactician, American Civil War

Started by Phantom, May 04, 2018, 01:42:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rayfer

Big update today.  Details on Steam.  Appears to me it is not compatible with prior saves.  Also it is suggested you do a 'file integrity' check.  I did and found 7 files that needed updating, which Steam did automatically.

Edit: Update broke the game for me and many others.  Crashes to desktop and 'program not responding' issues prevent play.  I hope the developer addresses this soon, it is an engaging game. 

Sir Slash

Ouch! Damn that's tough. Sounds like there's still lots of work to be done.  #:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

SirAndrewD

It's improved a ton since Thursday for those that the latest patch is stable for.   I've found the battles to play out much better. 

UI is also very improved.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Rayfer

Quote from: SirAndrewD on August 26, 2020, 10:53:28 PM
It's improved a ton since Thursday for those that the latest patch is stable for.   I've found the battles to play out much better. 

UI is also very improved.

That's good to know because I was enjoying the game before the update.  I'm sadly one of those who are having issues.

W8taminute

Game ran fine for me after yesterday's update however I ran into an 'old' bug where your campaign save game got wiped out if you exit a battle.  This happened on a fresh 1862 campaign that I started post new patch.   :(
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Rayfer

Apparently they did a quick fix update.  I'm back up and running again with no problems.

MOS:96B2P

How are things going with the game?  Anything new or interesting? 

Rayfer

Quote from: MOS:96B2P on September 05, 2020, 08:27:56 PM

There have been a couple of updates with improvements recently.  There is another expected within the next few days.  The 1861 campaign is still mostly unplayable and is the target of some of the fixes coming in the next few days.  The 1862 start is playable but still needs work.  I suspect it is still a long ways off from a full release.  Steam has long, itemized lists of all the update changes, too much to detial here.

Quote from: Rayfer on September 05, 2020, 08:32:44 PM
Quote from: MOS:96B2P on September 05, 2020, 08:27:56 PM

There have been a couple of updates with improvements recently.  There is another expected within the next few days.  The 1861 campaign is still mostly unplayable and is the target of some of the fixes coming in the next few days.  The 1862 start is playable but still needs work.  I suspect it is still a long ways off from a full release.  Steam has long, itemized lists of all the update changes, too much to detial here.

Okay, thanks.  I went over to Steam and looked around.  If I can keep from buying it until at least Halloween ....  ;D

Rayfer

The developer has been busy with fixes and updates. Still a long ways off from full release but he added another 1861 campaign starting in July (the original, still available, had a late February start).  He is starting work on the economy/production/goods and trade aspects, which so far have not been covered much at all. 

t4rget

Rayfer

Another big update yesterday on Steam.

Latest Patch 0.7505
Uploaded Sept 23, 2020:

Campaign:
- fixed: dummy commanders always start with attribute values zero
- fixed: commanders do not take over status and attributes from battle back to campaign
- fixed: suitable commanders not shown for replacements
- fixed: Go-West policy increases support in Arkansas instead of Arizona
- reworked campaign finish
- pause button now suspended when renaming units
- fixed: ships without tech constructable when deactivating checkmark "tech available"
- fixed: forts that are set to be removed at a certain date are removed when reloading a saved game after this date
- stopping armies in campaign now does not stop subordinates
- fixed: perk selection sometimes selected wrongly (if a different perk was selected before)
- fixed: ship to construct is added to fleet instead of pool if a ship was created for a fleet before
- added further commander pictures
- added further soldier images
- fixed: "2nd battle crash"
- fixed newspaper messages popping up for policies that are not active
- fixed: repeating policy newspaper messages after battles
- double assigning of commanders is not possible any more
- non-arrived units cannot be merged any more
- navy commanders can now not be commander in chief any more
- filter prefs are now saved
- retreating units cannot be stopped any more
- shorter retreat distances
- game stays paused if leaving menus/newspaper (if it was paused by player before)
- fixed: trade agreements are not recognized
- surrendered units now disappear from campaign map

Battles:
- added new 3D models for maps
- sunrise now in the east
- retreating units cannot be stopped any more
- fixed: no music is being played if battle is won

Other:
- improved scene loading speed
- added new commander pictures

W8taminute

I'm happy to see that they are still working on the game.  I haven't touched it in a while but I so want this game to succeed.  Keep going strong Grand Tactician!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Looks like they are still making improvements to Grand Tactician.  Another patch was released on 13 October.   

Rayfer

Quote from: MOS:96B2P on October 18, 2020, 09:00:48 AM
Looks like they are still making improvements to Grand Tactician.  Another patch was released on 13 October.   

It's slowly but surely coming together. But still a long way to go.