Main Menu

Antimatter

Started by Jarhead0331, September 16, 2020, 08:04:45 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

Looks like a very interesting 4x and city building hybrid...I think I'm going to back it.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/geopi/antimatter-a-city-builder-and-4x-game
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Sir Slash

That, 'Fully destructible environment' wouldn't have anything to do with that would it?  <:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Every environment is fully destructible for JH.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

That does look like a good game. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

Rayfer

Wow....quite intriguing.  Nice find JH.

steve58

For some reason, I kept thinking of ant farms when I watched the kickstarter video.  :P
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

hellfish6

That preview is beautiful, fascinating, extremely unusual and I have no idea if I want to kickstart it. I need time to wrap my head around it.

geoffroypir

Thank you Jarhead for sharing !

I am the dev of Antimatter, I am happy to see my project gets some attention here  :)

Quote from: steve58 on September 16, 2020, 12:23:20 PM
For some reason, I kept thinking of ant farms when I watched the kickstarter video.  :P
Man, funny thing is that I always thought that the next game I'll develop using Antimatter's game engine is a sort of god sims, ants civilisation simulator. I am a big fan of ants related things and used to maintain an ants empire at the farm, as a kid (but that is my dark megalomaniac side). :D

Quote from: Gusington on September 16, 2020, 10:25:23 AM
Every environment is fully destructible for JH.
So I guess he particularly enjoys destroying stuff ? What about incinerating whole forests ?
https://twitter.com/geoffroypi/status/1305749598359547904

Gusington

^Welcome! You'll have to ask him. Only one man speaks for JH.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

geoffroypir

So the project quickly reached its goal and I am into stretch goal territory and this is a fun one.

To elaborate a bit more, it is currently possible to terraform the terrain with some tool, you can alter the destructible environment but so far there is no terraforming at planetary scale.
The goal is to allow huge terroforming project with planified modification of the atmosphere, biosphere, geology and even the planet orbit (with thruster for exemple). The good news is that most planetologic things are already simulated thanks to the accretion model I use for planet formation and the complex atmospheric simulation, so a planet-wide terraformation expansion is much closer that we may may think :)

Also, pollution will have an effect for the whole planet and will participate to the atmospheric simulation.

I just love playing with planet simulation, my hard-drive is full of things like that, I hope I'll reach that stretch goal ^^.

Leaving here the link to the full project : https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/geopi/antimatter-a-city-builder-and-4x-game

solops

I went to back it, but it does not accept PayPal.
"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

Pocus

Looking forward to it and backed it!  :)

geoffroypir

Thanks guys  :)

Yes, Kickstarter does not accept paypal, but I will create a post-kickstarter page, with paypal to help finance the developpment.

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18