The Groginati Sales Thread

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 18, 2012, 06:17:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MC

WinGameStore https://www.wingamestore.com/ has a flash sale (today only) on Imperator: Rome for $13.99. Can anybody comment on its current state?

JasonPratt

I can only comment secondhand about various incremental improvements. But improvements are being made. Supposedly. (The game is far from broken, just ambitious and unwieldy.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Gusington

Green Man is still having their summer sale and I just purchased both Outlast and Outlast 2 for a total of 6.80. Hopefully I will be brave enough to complete them.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: Gusington on July 17, 2020, 02:45:11 PM
Green Man is still having their summer sale and I just purchased both Outlast and Outlast 2 for a total of 6.80. Hopefully I will be brave enough to complete them.

LOL...never heard of them so I looked on Steam and watched the trailer for Outlast 1.  It scared the crap out of me.   :-[ Going by the Steam prices you got quite the deal. 

Gusington

^Yeah I had to snatch them up at those prices. Even if I get too frightened to complete them, I can use the money I saved to dry clean my drawers.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

We know you got them for the hot, hot night vision dongs.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Silent Disapproval Robot

Pete Dero

Quote from: Rayfer on July 17, 2020, 03:38:11 PM
Quote from: Gusington on July 17, 2020, 02:45:11 PM

LOL...never heard of them so I looked on Steam and watched the trailer for Outlast 1.  It scared the crap out of me.   :-[ Going by the Steam prices you got quite the deal.

Never heard of them so I looked on Steam and I own Outlast 1  :idiot2:  :hide:.

Must have been a part of a bundle ...

Gusington

Bwahaha that has been happening to me more and more.

I love horror games and movies and books, but I am not a big fan of gore. I got about half way through Resident Evil Biohazard and while I loved most of it, it started to become too much and I had to stop. I played about an hour of the Resident Evil 2 remake and that was way too gory for me much quicker.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

steve58

Me wondering if Imperator is worth $17?  ...and $1 for AoWIII and EUIV is...not bad.

HUMBLE BEST OF PARADOX INTERACTIVE BUNDLE

PAY $1 OR MORE TO UNLOCK!
    • Warlock: Master of the Arcane
    • Age of Wonders III
    • Europa Universalis IV

PAY MORE THAN THE AVERAGE OF $8.11 TO ALSO UNLOCK!

• Stellaris
    • Victoria I+II Collection
    • NECROPOLIS: BRUTAL EDITION

PAY $12 OR MORE TO ALSO UNLOCK!

• BATTLETECH Digital Deluxe Edition
    • Tyranny

PAY $17 OR MORE TO ALSO UNLOCK!

• Imperator: Rome

1 Month Free of Humble Choice for New Subscribers
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

airboy

Slitherine/Matrix is having a sale on all of their WW1 Titles.

I wrote reviews for Strategic Command WW1 (the new one - JH has had that one for a week, he must be busy).  It is very good.
I also did a long AAR for Strategic Command Classic which is on sale for $5.  If you don't have this one, it is a tremendous amount of fun for the price.

Commander: The Great War is on sale for $7.50 (I have it, unplayed).

See: https://www.matrixgames.com/inventory/special
Sale ends after Monday.

mbar

Magrunner: Dark Pulse

Free to keep when you get it before Aug 27 @ 12:00pm. Some limitations apply. (?)
https://store.steampowered.com/app/209630/Magrunner_Dark_Pulse/

Fun puzzle platformer like Portal but uses magnetics instead.

steve58

Indiegala has Hearts of Iron IV: Cadet Edition for $5.99 for the next ~40 hours or so or until they run out of keys (477 left when I posted this).
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

JasonPratt

WB and Paradox both have publisher sales on Steam this weekend, starting today (Sept 24th, 2020).

Assuming we have all the Paradox things already ;) , if anyone has been thinking about picking up the Batman:Arkham series, or the (functionally related) Middle-Earth: Shadow of X series (though I recommend the Arkham series more), now's a good time! The Shadow of Middle-Earth duology is $10 each, and the Arkham Games are all $5 each (City includes all DLC, but the DLC are on sale for Origins and Knight, too).

All the Lego games are also on sale, whether the ip is owned by Warner Brothers or not (for example Marvel).
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!