Combat Mission status

Started by RyanE, May 27, 2018, 02:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lowenstaat

Just saw this announcement on the Battlefront homepage:

"We are moving!
Battlefront.com News
Thursday, 28 June 2018

At long, long last Battlefront is making the move to a brand new website and hosting service.  This old site has served us well for many years, but let's face it... it looks like it's served us for many years!  We're happy to finally get this transition under way.

During the transition this website will remain live, however the store portion is shut down.  All existing customer data, including orders and associated license keys, is being moved over to the new site.  This means when the transition concludes you'll be able to pick up where you left off.

Thank you for your patience and support!"
"Initiative compensates for a lack of skill."

Con

Why do I feel that this will not end well

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Con on June 29, 2018, 08:53:35 PM
Why do I feel that this will not end well

:2funny:

I was just going to post the same thing after reading that license keys and customer data is being moved.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Toonces

Oh boy...

Also Lowenstaat, dude, join the conversation and lets get that post count up boy!  STAT!

NOW DROP AND GIVE ME 20!
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs

Ubercat

Sounds like another DRM abortion in the works. Lucky thing for me that I've given up on their games.  8)
"If you have always believed that everyone should play by the same rules and be judged by the same standards, that would have gotten you labelled a radical 50 years ago, a liberal 25 years ago, and a racist today."

- Thomas Sowell

Staggerwing

Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Lowenstaat

Quote from: Staggerwing on June 29, 2018, 09:58:35 PM
via Imgflip Meme Generator

After playing and having too much fun with the random operations generator for CM Beyond Overlord from GOG last year, I reinstalled and patched CM Afrika Korps and CM Barbarossa to Berlin from my old CDs recently, too. I appreciate the fidelity of the newer CM games, but keep going back to CM1 games for the random operations feature. 

Lowenstaat

Quote from: Toonces on June 29, 2018, 09:02:12 PM
Oh boy...

Also Lowenstaat, dude, join the conversation and lets get that post count up boy!  STAT!

NOW DROP AND GIVE ME 20!

20 (modified) completed!

I hope the Battlefront transition to a new website and hosting service goes smoothly. I'm also curious to see who ends up with the old website Battlefront.com. It won't surprise me if EA gobbles it up for their Star Wars FPS game.

Destraex

I actually hope their may finally be a sale once they update the website? So I can nab the modules I have not got.
Or perhaps they will charge us an update fee to use the website :P (seriously though, I am very happy that they update their old games to new feature standard).
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

MikeGER

the sad news behind the news is:

The unavoidable hick-ups that will came with the transition and the clearing up operation to sort them out
will delay all planed releases by 6 month minimum   ???

RyanE

Quote from: Lowenstaat on June 29, 2018, 11:09:43 PM
Oh boy...

NOW DROP AND GIVE ME 20!

20 (modified) completed!

I hope the Battlefront transition to a new website and hosting service goes smoothly. I'm also curious to see who ends up with the old website Battlefront.com. It won't surprise me if EA gobbles it up for their Star Wars FPS game.

I don't think they are changing the name of the website or getting a new domain.  That's not typically how it works.

RyanE

One thing on the Steam front...BFC has always fancied itself as a distributer.  It has always had a stable of games from independent developers.  I suspect that Steve sees Steam as competition as much as anything.

Pete Dero

Quote from: MikeGER on June 30, 2018, 01:52:02 AM
the sad news behind the news is:

The unavoidable hick-ups that will came with the transition and the clearing up operation to sort them out
will delay all planed releases by 6 month minimum   ???

Did they post this or is this your expectation ?

Michael Dorosh

Quote from: Lowenstaat on June 29, 2018, 11:09:43 PM
Oh boy...

NOW DROP AND GIVE ME 20!

20 (modified) completed!

Why would they need a new URL?

RyanE