Combat Mission status

Started by RyanE, May 27, 2018, 02:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pinetree

Quote from: RyanE on June 30, 2018, 05:00:26 AM
One thing on the Steam front...BFC has always fancied itself as a distributer.  It has always had a stable of games from independent developers.  I suspect that Steve sees Steam as competition as much as anything.
Not anymore. They decided it wasn't for them and dropped every game that they didn't make. One of the reasons Fury software went to Matrix.
Gen. Montgomery: "Your men don't salute much."
Gen. Freyberg: "Well, if you wave at them they'll usually wave back."

RyanE

But they are stilling selling them in the store aren't they?  At least I saw tacops there.

Zulu1966

Quote from: RyanE on July 01, 2018, 07:38:44 AM
But they are stilling selling them in the store aren't they?  At least I saw tacops there.

Yes Tacops is still sold but saying Steve saw steam as "competition" is faintly ridiculous. Steam has thousands of games and over 120 million active user accounts. Compared 5o a couple of decade old games.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

RyanE

Yeah, I didn't know they had cleaned out the store of all those old games. 

Destraex

I still wonder if their will be a sale when the store comes back online... 13th I believe.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

RyanE

Does BFC do sales?  I don't remember one.

Grim.Reaper

besides their bundles and upgrade/update discounts, don't believe i have ever seen them have an actual sale.

Sir Slash

I think you can get 10% off if you can recite every version of CMBN in their correct order without help, something that's never been done before--- this is a joke only and not meant to incite anger and violence.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Yskonyn

"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Jarhead0331

So, ummmm....yeah...any news?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Destraex

Refresh button on their store does nothing.

Grim.Reaper

There hasn't been an official update since Wednesday....sounds like they got things moved over, but experienced some bugs which they are working out.  Nothing since that post so who knows at this point.  Just has to be up and ready by the time SF2 comes out for me by end of month (assuming that happens)  :)

Destraex

Is shock force 2 PBEM coop?

Yskonyn

If you share the password and turn file you can both alternate turns. Other than that, no.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."