Combat Mission status

Started by RyanE, May 27, 2018, 02:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanE

"With additional activations every year available"

Steve had said years ago that this wasn't happening.  That's why they are so lenient on resetting activations.  Has that changed?  Are we now getting activations each year?

Tuna

Quote from: Snapper on August 12, 2018, 01:44:20 AM
So if i have the Paradox version minus the retail patch but have all the modules, i have to buy the main game again?

Why not base the discount on modules, as surely it must be assumed that if you have the any of the modules you have the main game (which takes out the uncertainty of not knowing the Paradox keys).

A trust thing if you like. .

This way everyone gets treated fairly.

I thought I had to buy the 'retail' patch in order to get modules?

Elvis

So if i have the Paradox version minus the retail patch but have all the modules, i have to buy the main game again?

Why not base the discount on modules, as surely it must be assumed that if you have the any of the modules you have the main game (which takes out the uncertainty of not knowing the Paradox keys).

As Tuna says, I remember that people needed the retail patch to be able to run the modules but regardless, say my memory is wrong (you wouldn't be the first). The module keys will 100% be in the new system, so the discounted Upgrade would apply to them and only the base game would not get the discounted Upgrade. That is the worst case scenario. Best case scenario is the whole shebang gets it.

Elvis

Quote from: RyanE on August 12, 2018, 02:20:27 AM
"With additional activations every year available"

Steve had said years ago that this wasn't happening.  That's why they are so lenient on resetting activations.  Has that changed?  Are we now getting activations each year?

Don't know. If you're asking if you/Steve/whoever thought it was an automated process and now, unexpectedly, it's manual? Don't know.

RyanE

No, the question remains the same...do we get new activations every year?  My guess would be no.  Though there still is no way track activations is there?

So again, to avoid confusion and dragging the conversation on longer than it needs to be, do we get new activations each year.  If so, I should have gotten the original 5 on CMBN, plus 7-8 activations minus the number of times I have reinstalled it.

Elvis

Quote from: RyanE on August 12, 2018, 09:24:39 AM
No, the question remains the same...do we get new activations every year?  My guess would be no.  Though there still is no way track activations is there?

So again, to avoid confusion and dragging the conversation on longer than it needs to be, do we get new activations each year.  If so, I should have gotten the original 5 on CMBN, plus 7-8 activations minus the number of times I have reinstalled it.

I probably wasn't clear when I said that I don't know. I don't know if the system automatically adds activations each year.if I were to guess then I would guess that it doesn't but it's hard to tell. The few times that I have manually added activations I didn't look at the dates. So they may have been used up in less than a year and I never hear from someone over a year because they've been automatically added. Don't know. Maybe. I know I've never turned anyone down or, again, bothered to check the dates. I just want to get people back in action as quickly as possible.

RyanE

Since you seem to kind rep the company, would it be too much to ask.  This has com up multiple times around the web and no has ever given a real official answer.

Snapper

Quote from: Tuna on August 12, 2018, 07:48:34 AM

I thought I had to buy the 'retail' patch in order to get modules?

Nope - I've all modules running and never bought the retail patch.

Elvis

Quote from: RyanE on August 12, 2018, 11:28:47 AM
Since you seem to kind rep the company, would it be too much to ask.  This has com up multiple times around the web and no has ever given a real official answer.

Sure. If I can. What would you like to ask?

RyanE

Really?  How aboutr reading my posts.  Thats what I'm asking.

Elvis

Quote from: RyanE on August 13, 2018, 04:31:14 AM
Really?  How aboutr reading my posts.  Thats what I'm asking.

Oh! Yup. I did that.  Any other questions?

Are you referring to the automated auditioning of activations? If so, I did answer it. Twice. I can do it again if you'd like: I don't know.

RyanE

Let me simplify it for you because you seem to have a real hard time answering in a straight forward manner.

1) Are you speaking officially for BFC?
2) As was promised when the DRM rolled out, are new activations activated automatically every year?
3) If the answer to 2 is no, is anyone keeping track of how many activations are left?
4) Is anyone keeping track of how many years someone owns a product and how many activations they are allowed based on that?

I mean, I think you are being pretty specious here.  You come across as being all helpful, but as soon as someone starts to push a little, you start weird logic trains hoping to outlast them.  Example, I asked pretty straight forward questions and you have made me repeat them several times. 

Pete Dero

http://community.battlefront.com/topic/127069-new-computer-do-i-need-to-unlicense/

The new licensing system used by everything other than the original shock force does not need un-licensing. The new system has some number of activations allowed stored in the license server. Once you hit that you will not be allowed to license it but you can contact support and get more. Way back I remember that the initial number was 4. Bottom line is that most likely you will license the games on the new machine and all will be well. If not then open a support ticket and they will sort things out.

Introducing Battlefront's Online Activation System

https://battlefront.mojohelpdesk.com/help/article/127981

Our End User License Agreement allows you to have the game activated on one PC and one backup PC.

In addition to the above 4 activations, you can add one extra activation to your key every 365 days. In order to do this, please point your browser to http://www.battlefront.com/helpdesk to ask our support team for a reset.
If your key is eligible for an additional activation (e.g. if it was not already requested less than 365 days ago), then you'll be notified of it and the activation is automatically added to your key, so you can use it again.

Should you ever need an additional activation more than once within the 365 days period, then you can always contact our License Activation Support staff and explain the situation.

RyanE

That at least answers a couple of the questions.  I find it a guessing game every time I have to reinstall as whether I have activations left or not.

Jarhead0331

They should implement something like DCS, where when you go to activate the license, it tells you how many activations you have remaining.

RyanE, please try to cool down a little. Elvis is kind enough to communicate with us in our forums and we want to encourage developers to do so. No need to be so bellicose. Give him the benefit of the doubt.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18