Combat Mission status

Started by RyanE, May 27, 2018, 02:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jarhead0331

^I read that. It is still somewhat confusing.

First, it says there is nothing to download, but I received a download link with my order that takes me to a 2GB file.

Second, I ordered the Big Bundle since I own all of the CMSF1 modules. I did not receive a "Marines Module Upgrade key" with my purchase of the big bundle. There does seem to be some activation key for the big bundle, but its not specifically for the "Marine Module".

Third, what about all the other modules? How do I get access to those? Do I need the keys from my original CMSF1 purchases?

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

trek

Not positive about this but I recently reinstalled CMBN and upgraded it to the v4.0 engine. With this latest install BF uses the "Master Installer." So, instead of the old way in which I had to provide a license key for each and every module under the new installer I only had to enter one license key. I think it will install all modules from what you've already downloaded if it works the way CMBN did with all it's modules. The only caveat here is it may ask you to enter a license key if you try to play a mission from one of the other modules. But, again CMBN did not require me to do that either.

I want to buy the Bundle Upgrade too but I will wait to see the feedback on the install process from you guys. The thought of having to input all those long key codes for all the modules makes me feel ill and right now at the end of the day I just don't feel like doing it.

DoctorQuest

You can't copy and paste the keys?
"Everything you read on the internet is true." - Benjamin Franklin

"Zero-G and I feel fine....." - John Glenn

"I reject your reality and substitute my own." - Adam Savage, inventor of the alternative fact.

jomni

Haven't bought a CM title wine Black Sea. Looking to try this during the weekend.

Elvis

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 04, 2018, 04:09:25 PM

First, it says there is nothing to download, but I received a download link with my order that takes me to a 2GB file.

Second, I ordered the Big Bundle since I own all of the CMSF1 modules. I did not receive a "Marines Module Upgrade key" with my purchase of the big bundle. There does seem to be some activation key for the big bundle, but its not specifically for the "Marine Module".

Third, what about all the other modules? How do I get access to those? Do I need the keys from my original CMSF1 purchases?

The reference to not needing to download anything for the Marines module is because the download for the Upgrade is an all-in-one full game installer and will install all of the modules, regardless of whether or not you own them. The activation process "unlocks" the content.

Yes, you will need your original CMSF1 keys.  Anyone can buy the CMSF2 Upgrade...even if you never owned the original....but to activate the Upgrade you will need your old keys, in addition to the key that you got today. If you have a problem finding your old keys open a Help Desk ticket and I can dig them up for you. They will be in your Battlefront.com account.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Elvis on December 04, 2018, 04:56:55 PM

Third, what about all the other modules? How do I get access to those? Do I need the keys from my original CMSF1 purchases? At what point in that process do I enter the key that came with the upgrade?

The reference to not needing to download anything for the Marines module is because the download for the Upgrade is an all-in-one full game installer and will install all of the modules, regardless of whether or not you own them. The activation process "unlocks" the content.

Yes, you will need your original CMSF1 keys.  Anyone can buy the CMSF2 Upgrade...even if you never owned the original....but to activate the Upgrade you will need your old keys, in addition to the key that you got today. If you have a problem finding your old keys open a Help Desk ticket and I can dig them up for you. They will be in your Battlefront.com account.

i won't get into the fact that the instructions suck and make what is probably a simple process much more confusing and complicated then it needs to be.

So if I have the old base game and all the old modules and keys, in what order am I supposed to activate them after I install the file that was provided with my purchase of the big bundle upgrade?
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Elvis

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 04, 2018, 05:07:05 PM

Third, what about all the other modules? How do I get access to those? Do I need the keys from my original CMSF1 purchases? At what point in that process do I enter the key that came with the upgrade?

i won't get into the fact that the instructions suck and make what is probably a simple process much more confusing and complicated then it needs to be.

So if I have the old base game and all the old modules and keys, in what order am I supposed to activate them after I install the file that was provided with my purchase of the big bundle upgrade?

Any order should be fine but I'd start with the base key. After that then the modules in no particular order. Think of it this way....If you have just the Brit module now but down the road decide that you want the Marines and NATO module then you would activate them when you get the key with the purchase because they are already installed...they just need to be "unlocked".

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Elvis on December 04, 2018, 05:46:54 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on December 04, 2018, 05:07:05 PM

Any order should be fine but I'd start with the base key. After that then the modules in no particular order. Think of it this way....If you have just the Brit module now but down the road decide that you want the Marines and NATO module then you would activate them when you get the key with the purchase because they are already installed...they just need to be "unlocked".

OK. I guess I'll give it whirl. With this "trial and error" approach, however, be prepared for a lot for requests for new keys. Hope you're prepared to stay up late.  :crazy2:
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

IICptMillerII

Edited due to a mistake I made. Hopefully I haven't caused too much confusion.

mikeck

Edit: crises averted. Elvis squares me away
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: IICptMillerII on December 04, 2018, 05:58:55 PM
Ok, I just bought the big bundle upgrade and activated it without any issue.

I'll try to be thorough here.

I own Shock Force 1, the Marine Module, the NATO module, and the British module. I purchased them all online from the BFC website a few years back.

I purchased the $35 USD big bundle upgrade, and received and activation key and a download link via email.

I downloaded Shock Force 2 via the download link (I'm running Windows 10)

After it had downloaded I extracted the zip file using 7zip to my desktop. From there I ran the installer.

After installing the game, I used the 'Activate Product' shortcut, which brought up the activation window. I copied the license key provided in the email for the purchase of the big bundle (the upgrade for $35 USD) and hit activate. It activated successfully.

Then I launched Shock Force 2, and everything was activated and running. I scrolled through all of the individual scenario's to ensure that all the modules were activated, and I started the US Army campaign to insure I could actually start a battle. I believe I am good to go at this point.

Unfortunately I do not know if/how this process is different if you did not purchase SF1 online or if you only have the base game and a single module. I can only speak from my own experience. Hopefully this helps those of you having some difficulty. If not, and you are really stuck, try the support desk. I've personally had to use the support desk on a few occasions, and every time they were exceptional in their service. One of the times occurred over Christmas, and I was very surprised to get a response on Christmas Day from the support desk to help resolve my issue, which was resolved in a matter of hours.

So you didn't have to activate your SF1 keys first?  How would they know if you owned all the modules then?  People could just buy the upgrade version for the cheaper price if only thing used is the bundle key.

I am confused.....

mikeck

Well, Capt Miller's experience SHOULD be what happens. I would think that it would be the same for people who didn't own SF1 or have no wish to wait around for an old key. Like a SF1 and SF2 bundle for that or something
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

Grim.Reaper

I owned all previous modules for CMSF 1 and bought the upgrade bundle.

Basically to get it working for me, I went into the desktop shortcut  "Activate New Products".  Then I inputted my CMFS2 upgrade key, then activated.  Closed out then came back in and then put in my CMFS 1 module key and activated.  Then I repeated this process for each of my modules and everything then got activated correctly. 

I don't believe you can just put the upgrade bundle key alone if you want to play your prior modules (when I did that, it didn't work).

demjansk1942

I have the original combat mission shock force, what is my next step??

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: demjansk1942 on December 04, 2018, 06:32:38 PM
I have the original combat mission shock force, what is my next step??

Look at the previous posts above for what has worked for people