Combat Mission status

Started by RyanE, May 27, 2018, 02:09:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Philippe

It's hard not to think in terms of CMBN bundle = CMBO. 
Every generation gets the Greeks and Romans it deserves.

History is a bad joke played by the living on the dead.

Senility is no excuse for feeblemindedness.

Yskonyn

Anyone up for starting a CMSF2 PBEM scenario or QB?
Preferably not something too large, but with combined arms.
I cannot commit to a fixed turn submission due to my work so the pacing is probably slower than average.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

planetbrain

I was pleasantly surprised when installing CMSF2 big bundle. It went totally without a hitch & I only had to use the one activation key obtained with the big bundle purchase. I guess this is because I have all of 
CMSF1 still installed. Did breathe a sigh of relief that all went smoothly, though.
Mostly harmless

jomni

planetbrain

Sorry, it will be a while before I get into CMSF2. Too many games. I wish everyone would stop putting out "must have" games for about 5 years. It's causing me attention deficit :crazy2:
Mostly harmless

IICptMillerII

It's not for everyone, and I understand the many reasons why. I also understand that I can be considered a biased source. I fell in love with CM a few years ago and have been a die hard fan ever since (though I've had my criticisms with it in the past, which I've already mentioned here) and I also luckily never had any of the technical issues that some have with CM.

That said, I'm having a stupid amount of fun with Shock Force 2. The fixed tac ai behavior for engine 4 is worth the price of admission by itself for me. (This will be applied to the rest of the games sometime soon.) All of the new features of engine 4 applied to Shock Force, plus the massive amount of content available (I have all the modules) easily makes this one of my favorite CM games, and certainly my favorite CM game in a modern setting.

I'm currently playing a PBEM  with a buddy of a modified version of the USMC scenario "The Shores of Tripoli" and we're both having a blast. I originally made the modified version a year ago in SF1 and we played through it then and had a lot of fun. It's really cool to see all of the improvements at work as we play through it a second time. So many quality of life improvements, such as having ammo counters instead of the obnoxious colored bars, all of the UI and command improvements, the tac ai improvements, amphibious capability for my Marine vehicles, the list goes on.

Yskonyn

Quote from: planetbrain on December 08, 2018, 11:46:19 PM
I was pleasantly surprised when installing CMSF2 big bundle. It went totally without a hitch & I only had to use the one activation key obtained with the big bundle purchase. I guess this is because I have all of 
CMSF1 still installed. Did breathe a sigh of relief that all went smoothly, though.

Same here. Only new key needed to unlock all in one go.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

jomni

Hi. How to purchase the upgrade bundle?

Nevermind. Found the Upgrades in a separate store section.

Ok so I just inputted one code that was given to me in the confirmation email.
I guess the store knows that I bought everything from the CMSF1 series.

MikeGER

- repost -

I have found my e-Licence for Marines, British, and Nato ..so far so good  O0
but my CMSF is a German boxed CD version from Paradox Interactive

Elvis, so what to do now? how to apply for the discount ?

(fun fact: i found the purchase receipt from the brick and mortar store inside the CD case, ...go figure)

Yskonyn

Open a ticket Mike. You'll get sorted quicker.

MOS:96B2P

Quote from: planetbrain on December 08, 2018, 11:46:19 PM

Same here, big bundle and no problem.  I'm so glad they went to the all in one installers.  Now let the scenarios and campaigns begin................

mikeck

I'm confused. I thought the "big bundle" was for people who didn't own ANY of it. No SF1, no subs.....what do I get if I have never owned any shock force game but want SF2?
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

jomni

Quote from: mikeck on December 09, 2018, 05:09:11 PM
I'm confused. I thought the "big bundle" was for people who didn't own ANY of it. No SF1, no subs.....what do I get if I have never owned any shock force game but want SF2?

I bought the $35 all-in-one upgrade. Just input the one license key provided in the email. Didn't even have to look up the old licenses.

mikeck

Quote from: jomni on December 09, 2018, 05:11:48 PM
Quote from: mikeck on December 09, 2018, 05:09:11 PM

I bought the $35 all-in-one upgrade. Just input the one license key provided in the email. Didn't even have to look up the old licenses.

?? So you never owned SF1 or any modules and you only paid $35 to get SF2? I thought you had to have all the modules and SF1. I'm so confused. That would help....I don't need to play Brit or NATO forces
"A government large enough to give you everything you want is strong enough to take everything you have."--Thomas Jefferson

IronX

Yes, you need to own the original CMSF1 Big Bundle version to pay only $35 for the full upgrade package. The Big Bundle version includes the base game and all the modules. It sold for about $55, but is no longer available. Assuming you have it already installed, then you just enter one code for the upgrade. If, however, you are starting from scratch, you need to enter the original code first, then the upgrade code.

If you don't own CMSF1, and you want the latest version, then your only option is to buy CMSF2. There are various bundle options available that help reduce the price of the modules, including the CMSF2 Big Bundle ($125).