Fog:Emp multiplayer 2 -- BARBARIANS ARISE (game 2 running)

Started by JasonPratt, September 15, 2019, 02:20:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

We'll find out if my navy was able to make it over with my troops.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

The Belgae have landed!  Unfortunately, I am at peace with Britonae for three more turns.  Hopefully, that will give me time to run a few more troops over there.  Is there a direction you want me to be prepared to move, Barth?

Barthheart

Nope, don't care. Just smash and grab whatever you can... as long as you can give it back to me. :)

MetalDog

Blucher

solops

"I could have conquered Europe, all of it, but I had women in my life." - King Henry II of England
I may be drunk, Miss, but in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly. - Winston Churchill
Wine is sure proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy. - Benjamin Franklin

JasonPratt

Stopping the culture builds didn't trigger that; and continuing with them wouldn't have helped because in most cases you couldn't get them built for several more turns (at least!) and then you'd still have to park people there working at culture while your people starved and your buildings fell down!

In hindsight, I wonder if parking some of my troops in each area would have helped, or would have made it worse...  :-\

Anyway. I'm accepting Ethiopia's peace treaty (including for their cessation of their capital region, which happens to also be one of my target areas), and hastening back to defend my new borders from rebels! -- but I'll need three or four turns to get back where I can start retaking areas. Once I've got them, I can hand them over, but I recommend waiting until I've stabilized them somewhat.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Blucher

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 01, 2020, 08:27:40 PM
Stopping the culture builds didn't trigger that; and continuing with them wouldn't have helped because in most cases you couldn't get them built for several more turns (at least!) and then you'd still have to park people there working at culture while your people starved and your buildings fell down!

In hindsight, I wonder if parking some of my troops in each area would have helped, or would have made it worse...  :-\

Anyway. I'm accepting Ethiopia's peace treaty (including for their cessation of their capital region, which happens to also be one of my target areas), and hastening back to defend my new borders from rebels! -- but I'll need three or four turns to get back where I can start retaking areas. Once I've got them, I can hand them over, but I recommend waiting until I've stabilized them somewhat.

I am guessing I collapsed due to the high decadence for so many turns? Right now I am investing in infrastructure in my tiny dominions.

JasonPratt

Turns out I still don't understand the odd reversi logic of the "transaction" screen: I accepted peace from Ethiopia by GIVING THEM so-much metal and also one of my Etrerian conquests! -- the capital of my province! F'ing what...

That is just bonkers. Ethiopia is getting curbstomped by me and my doomstacks, they come to me to ask for peace, and their terms are that I GIVE THEM something important?!? -- before they accept their offer of peace to keep me off their backs?!

(Then somehow an area of AbyssMajor I just conquered goes to my ally Blemmeyes!?)

Ugh. And no doubt they'll be raiding Etreria from now until doomsday.

Well, I'm on my way to settle down the rebellion in Arabia. I'll be back, Ethiopia. And next time, you won't be getting off on such good terms...
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Blucher

I keep getting an error when I try to sign in anybody else having this issue?

JasonPratt

I just logged in; no trouble. (check my timestamp for relative attempt timing.)

Well, ick, one of your recently grabbed regions revolted, but the army isn't large, and it isn't surprising -- they had been abused pretty badly by the Ethiopians. Once you form the province, you should be able to remove them soon, and then they'll benefit from help given by other regions.

Speedy

It wouldn't let me log on yesterday, today I have got my turn done but it keeps timing out when i try to upload.  :(

Speedy

And after a couple of hours trying finally managed to get turns done and uploaded.

JasonPratt

Say, MD, before you drop out of your games, could you hop in one more time to distribute your regions and provinces to other players?

MetalDog

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 22, 2020, 05:53:33 PM
Say, MD, before you drop out of your games, could you hop in one more time to distribute your regions and provinces to other players?

I can give it a shot.  Not sure how successful I will be, but I'll try.