Grogheads 2014 Fantasy Baseball Season

Started by Bison, February 23, 2014, 07:41:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

I'll set the draft for this coming Friday to give everyone one last week to setup draft orders.

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

undercovergeek

Bison

Don't think about it UCG.  Just crawl under the lights and let them do their magic.  :)

undercovergeek

Quote from: Bison on March 10, 2014, 05:27:28 AM
Don't think about it UCG.  Just crawl under the lights and let them do their magic.  :)

pmsl - **** you!!!!   :P :P

Bison

Ok you are supposed to go and arange your draft in a priority of who you want on your team.

undercovergeek

Quote from: Bison on March 10, 2014, 12:03:36 PM
Ok you are supposed to go and arange your draft in a priority of who you want on your team.

ah this would explain last years group of ladies

do you prioritise by person or by position?

MetalDog

Unfortunately, the answer to your question is, both.  Although, I find that applies more to a live draft than an auto pick draft (where the computer picks your entire roster).  The best way for me to explain this is as follows:

1)  You have to fill every position on your roster and you want the best player at every position that you can.  It is my understanding that in an autodraft, the computer will fill your roster from the remaining available players according to what still needs filled.  How they determine where to start filling and what positions take priority over another, I do not know, but, you will have your starting roster filled first before your bench.

2)  I am fairly certain that the best available player, at a position you do not already have filled, will be the next one chosen for you.  So, if you get the first pick of the draft, and let's say that Miguel Cabrera is at the top of your list, you would get him.  As he is a 3B (Third Baseman), your next pick would be anything BUT a 3B.

3)  Before you even start tampering with the order of players, you will notice that they are already in order according to the Yahoo experts.  You do not actually have to do anything to the order to get a good team.  Some people like to exclude certain players, as the player is injured or they play for a hated rival.  Some people like to load up on a certain position, say 3B, by taking all of the 3B and putting them at the top of their list.  initially, the computer would pick a 3B and then fill the roster out until a spot opened for another 3B (such as the Util(ity) spot or a spot on the bench).  I have seen people do this often over the years, but it is usually with Pitchers.

4)  And if I haven't confused you enough, and you still think I might be able to answer any future questions (if I even answered this one properly at all), please feel free to ask.  I'd be delighted to help.

Bison

Some people just like to exclude the entire Yankees lineup because they are all crappy.

MetalDog

I'd say the same thing about Minnesota, but they don't HAVE a team :P

Bison

Just Joe Mauer, but of course we don't need to spend a quarter of a billon dollars to prove to the world our ineptitude.  So I guess it all evens out in the end.  :P

MetalDog

I would love to play this out to its inevitable end, comparing championships, but, it's late and I don't feel much like winning.

Like HELL I don't!!              27 bee-yotch!! W00t W00t!!!!!!!!!!!

Bison

There was like 3 teams in the league when they won 24 of them.  And one of those teams was the Cubs.  Being better than the Cubs is just a given.