Matrix World in Flames

Started by JudgeDredd, June 26, 2014, 12:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grim.Reaper

A missing ai was not deceptive, that was always clear.....selling a broken game which they clearly knew was a mess, is extremely deceptive while charging a premium price which they made a huge deal about because of the depth and quality of the game.  And then doing nothing to make it right with their long term customers, just plain bad business practice.

As for new buyers, not everyone is likely aware of the history...you'll say they should research it extensively first before buying.....not everyone reads through volumes of forum posts before making a purchase.  This game will never reach a competed state based on the history.  If I am not mistaken, right after release it was said the issues would only take a few weeks to correct....it now has been years with no clear end in sight.  Doesn't seem like a game like this should be available for purchase under those conditions.

Flywheel

Grim is absolutely right. I looked at YouTube and the juices got flowing to the exception of all else, it looked like a full-on WWII, just what I have been seeking. My enthusiasm heightened when I saw it on Matrix and affordable if I went on a starvation diet. What I didn't notice, as posted earlier, it does say 'AI: no' it is also not mentioned in the blurb which should be a heads up, but I ignored that too. I was only saved from a useless impulse buy when I posted here initially to ask what players thought of it. That's the only thing that stopped me. But I do think there should be a little more mention of no AI, that is generally why you by computer wargames. I am too crap to engage another human player so depend on AI, and I can't be the only one.

I wasn't aware of any history with it at all, not till I read this thread and then posted asking if since the threads last activity there had been any improvement. I know it's a different subject, but I can't help but compare this as a similar situation to No Man's Sky. What should be in the game isn't, and a game priced way over what your expectations are purchasing.
That's how I see it.
Hold my beer and watch this!

PanzerFaust

Quote from: Flywheel on August 30, 2016, 04:31:13 AM
Grim is absolutely right. I looked at YouTube and the juices got flowing to the exception of all else, it looked like a full-on WWII, just what I have been seeking. My enthusiasm heightened when I saw it on Matrix and affordable if I went on a starvation diet. What I didn't notice, as posted earlier, it does say 'AI: no' it is also not mentioned in the blurb which should be a heads up, but I ignored that too. I was only saved from a useless impulse buy when I posted here initially to ask what players thought of it. That's the only thing that stopped me. But I do think there should be a little more mention of no AI, that is generally why you by computer wargames. I am too crap to engage another human player so depend on AI, and I can't be the only one.

I wasn't aware of any history with it at all, not till I read this thread and then posted asking if since the threads last activity there had been any improvement. I know it's a different subject, but I can't help but compare this as a similar situation to No Man's Sky. What should be in the game isn't, and a game priced way over what your expectations are purchasing.
That's how I see it.

Sorry but in the product description it clearly says:

"IMPORTANT NOTE: This title does not include an AI player in the initial release.  It is designed as a computerized, automated and online multiplayer-capable World in Flames, including an integrated multiplayer forum and an official multiplayer server for easy player matching and networking."

How is it "not mentioned"?

Pete Dero

Quote from: PanzerFaust on August 30, 2016, 07:49:05 AM
Sorry but in the product description it clearly says:

"IMPORTANT NOTE: This title does not include an AI player in the initial release.  It is designed as a computerized, automated and online multiplayer-capable World in Flames, including an integrated multiplayer forum and an official multiplayer server for easy player matching and networking."

How is it "not mentioned"?

Yes but even in june 2015 solo and multiplayer wasn't functioning as expected.

Solitaire has similarly improved along with NetPlay and the state of the game now is much better than it was when I posted the 2014 State of the Game update. For many players, solitaire can now be played with relatively few bugs or problems, though for some playstyles and rule combinations and some areas of the core rules, there are still serious issues that we have to fix.

Our primary goal for the rest of this year is to finish working through the remaining issues list and to make sure that solitaire and NetPlay are as bug-free and stable as possible for the vast majority of players. We also plan to address any core rule issues first before we move onto optional rules and other additions to the game. Because of the complexity of MWIF, putting a timeline on this is near impossible, but the steady progress of the last year gives us some optimism that we are getting nearer to that goal every day and that it is possible we will reach that point this year.

source : http://www.matrixgames.com/forums/tm.asp?m=3878065

chemkid

decided to install the latest beta+hotfix today and keep it installed for:
(new year's resolution coming up!!!)

AT LEAST 3 MONTHS!!!  :crazy2:

now, who's with me? who likes to learn the UI and gameplay? 2-player netplay should be ready... or not?

happy new year!!!   <:-)
chem!

Grim.Reaper

Not a chance.....I refuse to install or play this game based on its sorted history:)

Tuna

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 31, 2016, 10:40:23 AM
Not a chance.....I refuse to install or play this game based on its sorted history:)

I think there will be a 30 dollar update coming out soon that fixes everything!  :crazy2:

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Tuna on December 31, 2016, 10:57:49 AM

I think there will be a 30 dollar update coming out soon that fixes everything!  :crazy2:

Not even a close comparison, but when I posted the above,  I did suspect you would say that:)

Tuna

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on December 31, 2016, 11:02:35 AM
Quote from: Tuna on December 31, 2016, 10:57:49 AM

Not even a close comparison, but when I posted the above,  I did suspect you would say that:)

;)

bbmike

As long as I can play solo and it works I will be happy.
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Pete Dero

http://www.matrixgames.com/news/2420/World.in.Flames.-.Official.Update.Release.02.07.00.00

World in Flames has been updated to version 02.07.00.00! This update is a truly major step forwards, with tons and tons of improvements and additions. The full change list is absolutely enormous, so here below you can find some highlights!

JudgeDredd

But the question is - what does it break to fix?

Honestly, I've read many times of things that were fixed but at the expense of breaking something - something to do with supply springs to mind.

I'll give the developer his dues - he's tenacious.
Alba gu' brath

Grim.Reaper

Personally I feel this game is an embarrassment along with how Matrix handled it.....really great to see them roll out huge patches 4 YEARS LATER...just goes to show you how far it ever was from release, but yet they released it and never offered any compensation for it.  Yes, I understand sometimes games get released and their bad and buyer beware, but the main functions weren't even playable and I believe they initially indicated everything would be fixed in weeks......and to top it all off, we got to pay a premium price for a less than premium game.

Yep I am bitter and will never invest in that series again and it was the closest experience for me of not supporting the publisher ever again....

But moving on, I really have to stop looking at this thread when it comes up:)

mirth

The truth is the game was never meant to be adapted for PC. Too massive and too complex. You could throw millions at the development and still not get there.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

BanzaiCat

This game is why I stopped writing manuals for Matrix. It was indeed way too massive an complex and would have taken way too much time.