Matrix World in Flames

Started by JudgeDredd, June 26, 2014, 12:46:17 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

RyanE

Its kind of like ASL in my view after reading about it.  And WiF is an example of why ASL has never fully been made into a PC game.  The lawyering over rules is the primary competition, not really the tactical or strategic decision-making.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: spelk on November 10, 2017, 07:34:52 AM
This surfaced in my Twitter feed:

https://bigbossbattle.com/observation-matrix-world-in-flames/
Read the manual and then read the manual again? Seriously. 700 pages would take me a year to read! I suppose by the time I've read it twice netplay may be fixed.
Alba gu' brath

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

JudgeDredd

Example - this is the first interactive tutorial.

Step 4 says
LC drop down menu Command; LC Find City/Port; TY rom; OK

LC means left click, TY means type. However, the Command window has nowhere to type. Only a list and pressing a key (example R) will take you to the first entry with that letter (example Rabat). So the tutorial doesn't fit the tools. And that's only the 4 entry in the first tutorial.
Alba gu' brath

BanzaiCat

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

BanzaiCat

If I did, these problems would not exist.

RyanE

Has documentation kept up with all the changes over the first year?

mirth

Quote from: BanzaiCat on November 10, 2017, 02:33:26 PM
If I did, these problems would not exist.

Yeah, it'd a completely different set of problems!  ;D

BanzaiCat

Arguably!  :2funny:

No, I was kind of difficult to deal with. I remember pissing off Joel Billings a couple of times because I was very methodical (e.g. too slow for them). I wasn't going to pass along a product that was messed up.

Development of this began a LONG time ago. If the above holds true I'd STILL be writing that damned manual. ;)

mirth

^hah!  They would have hated you! The manual is the only thing they really have to sell.  :crazy2:

JudgeDredd

Quote from: RyanE on November 10, 2017, 02:35:24 PM
Has documentation kept up with all the changes over the first year?
I honestly could not say. But given the scale of the issues (and more being found all the time), I would hazard a guess, no.

Those interactive tutorials are extremely poor anyway. Just written and abbreviated - they're just painful.
Alba gu' brath

JudgeDredd

It does have a helpful feature of letting you click the current phase button which brings up a helpful text box giving some info on what's going on. I've always been a huge fan of context help.

Alba gu' brath

mirth

IronX

It looks like a '90s web page.  :D