An Idiots Guide To Losing Your CV's Before 1942: WiTP:AE KyzBP vs UCG

Started by KyzBP, June 22, 2015, 04:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

KyzBP

Quote from: jomni on July 07, 2015, 11:17:05 PM
You mine mishap was reported by Geek earlier than you did. Interesting.

That is interesting.  I sent multiple subs in that direction.  I wonder if I missed a report and have 2 damaged subs.

KyzBP

...and finally on the West Coast:

UCG's sub near San Francisco seems to be bugging out.

I'm hoping he took some damage.  The reality is he's probably just out of ammo.  I'm trying to deal with the sub near L.A.
He'll probably be out of ammo soon as well.

We did hit some ships this turn:

But so did he:

The final screen for the day:

13-0 in Air to AIR Loses stinks.  The fact that it was nearly all from the ill fated Devastator squadron at Wake makes it a little worse.

KyzBP

December 19th, 1941

I was really hoping the Underdogs at Wake could hold out.  It just wasn't meant to be.

Wake being bombarded.

Geek bombarded the little island 2 or three times.

Things were looking good.

Losing men at an even rate.

However, it just wasn't meant to be.

I really wish those PBYs would've flown off. 

Wake held on for a week and a half.  We were able to sink some ships from there, and knock off some Jap troops before going down.
The subs that were carrying supplies to Wake have been rerouted to Guam.  The 2 subs near Wake are going to hit the shallows around
the landing beaches and try to send a parting shot.  It's not nice to leave before saying good bye.

KyzBP

Here's a snapshot of Pearl.

The subs to the southwest seem to be clearing out.  The ASW effort in that area has been heavy.  I'll redirect some of the ASW TFs
towards the Northeast and try to clear a lane for the supply/transport ships transitioning through the Hawaiian waters.

To the South, near Palmyra, The Lexington and the Enterprise have met up and formed a single Air Combat Group.  They should refuel in the
next day or two, drop off the Naval Attack aircraft, and head towards the West Coast.

Over on the other side...

UCG seems to have an endless supply Sallies.

The AA guys seem to be doing a pretty good job, probably as good as the fighters would've done.

The Dutch seem a bit better at Ground Attack.

The boys from Java are trying to slow down Geek's march down Sumatra.  There's really no stopping him but it's fun
to pretend the Dutch Air Force is being productive.

Also, at Sabang, UCG continues to send bombers to blast the facilities there.  I had much higher expectations for the AVG.  They've been very ineffective.
Worse is that we have very limited aircraft support there.  I'm scrambling to find a base to cannibalize a Base Force from but it's easier said than
done.

The Catalina's have struck again. :knuppel2:

I'm sure Geek has had his fill with these guys.  I had no idea how versatile these planes are.  If nothing else, I will continue to use them to
harass and fluster UCG.

KyzBP

The invasion of Balikpapan is underway.

I'm activating Operation Strawberry Hill.  Ships have sortied out towards the invasion force and it's protection force.
The DDs at Kendari are also steaming towards their target.  I've directed some CAP over the DDs.  They may still be
pestered by some land based planes.  I think we have the carriers accounted for.

We were absolutely crushed in China.

I was reading another AAR over at Matrix and the Allied player sacked all of his Chinese generals and replaced them
with more suitable ones.  It seemed to work for him.  I'm considering that at the moment but I really don't have the Political Points
to spare.

Besides losing Wake, we also lost Kota Bharu.  I'm hoping we can draw him down a bit once he starts on Singapore but that may be awhile.
He appears to be content with throwing wave after wave of Sallies at it.

KyzBP

A sub showed up around Suva.

There are some DDs that will be there in a day or two to take care of him.  I plan on using Suva as a staging area
so we can't have any unwanted guests snooping around.

All else is fairly quiet for now.

Here's the end of turn stuff:

Aircraft Arrival Screen.

You can see that the Yorktown and her planes will be arriving soon.

Ship Arrival Screen.

Nothing terribly exciting unless one of you guys see something I don't.

Troop Arrival Screen.

There's a few units in there that we can use.

Score Screen.

He's certainly kicking my butt in the ships sunk department.

Hang on tight, there should be plenty of action next turn.

OJsDad

Getting another sub is certainly exciting.  Another unit to go after UCG's merchant marine.

I would do everything you can to strengthen your Chinese forces.  Any pressure you apply from them means units and resources that he cannot use somewhere else.

The Wildcats and Catalina's should also be very welcomed.

Finally, you're getting the 107th Cavalry, Ohio National Guard. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

KyzBP

Thanks for checking in OJ'sD!

The more subs the merrier.  Those and the PBYs are my workhorses right now so another sub and PBY squadron are certainly welcome.
Funny you should mention China.  I'm working on the turn right now and am paying extra attention to China.
Intel shows an increase in radio chatter pertaining to the Ohio National Guard.  The Japanese seem very concerned.  ;)

Silent Disapproval Robot

Quick noob question.  How do you get the ship and TF icons to appear red and green on the map?  All mine show up as grey with tiny little flags over them.  It's very hard to determine who's who at a glance with the grey icons.

KyzBP

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on July 09, 2015, 06:42:50 PM
Quick noob question.  How do you get the ship and TF icons to appear red and green on the map?  All mine show up as grey with tiny little flags over them.  It's very hard to determine who's who at a glance with the grey icons.

Would you be able to post a screenshot of what you're talking about.  Mine has only ever shown red and green and I didn't see anything in the options/preferences menus that would change the icon color. 

jomni

That is certainly an anomaly.  Red and green is default.

Tuna

Silent Disapproval Robot

Nope.  I don't think so at any rate.  The mod I installed just added unit patches.

Silent Disapproval Robot

Whoops.  Turns out I did mod it.  I didn't see the icon art reworks in the mod package I installed. Thankfully it should be an easy fix.