Main Menu

Ray Rice

Started by mirth, September 08, 2014, 11:42:00 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

mirth

1-year suspension? Life-time ban?

Can't see the league being stupid enough to stick with 2 games now that this has been released

After watching that video, I'd like to see him gone for good. Let him go flip burgers. The guy is scum.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bayonetbrant

makes you wonder why the wife stuck with him...
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Steelgrave

Quote from: bayonetbrant on September 08, 2014, 11:53:24 AM
makes you wonder why the wife stuck with him...

There's volumes on the subject of domestic violence and how the victims blame themselves or defend the sicko wife beaters who attacked them....frankly, it's not uncommon.

As for Rice, I'm for a lifetime ban. I never want to see him on a football field again. And I'm sickened by the number of Ravens fans who, if no longer actively defending him quite as vigorously, clearly want to minimize what this animal has done. On a talk radio show today, one of these intellectual giants went after the media for wanting to "crucify" Rice. Yeah. Taking up for a wife beater....classy.

mirth

Quote from: Steelgrave on September 08, 2014, 12:08:01 PM
As for Rice, I'm for a lifetime ban. I never want to see him on a football field again. And I'm sickened by the number of Ravens fans who are, if no longer actively defending him quite as vigorously, clearly want to minimize what this animal has done. On a talk radio show today, one of these intellectual giants went after the media for wanting to "crucify" Rice. Yeah. Taking up for a wife beater....classy.

100% agreement on the above points.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

OJsDad

Ravens just released the scum bag.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

Centurion40

Any time is a good time for pie.

Steelgrave

steve58

As he has a history of smacking her around, I hope he doesn't take his getting cut/indefinite suspension out on his wife.  :(
Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

OJsDad

He's also been suspended by the NFL indefinitely.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

mirth

Quote from: OJsDad on September 08, 2014, 01:32:10 PM
Ravens just released the scum bag.

Good.

Quote from: OJsDad on September 08, 2014, 02:32:58 PM
He's also been suspended by the NFL indefinitely.

Even better.

OJsDad

My guess is that he'll be back next year in a Cowboys uniform.

Steelgrave

Quote from: OJsDad on September 08, 2014, 03:14:46 PM

I'm assuming that's tongue in cheek. Especially since you could insert "Raiders" or even "Jets" in the discussion. Besides the indefinite ban from the NFL, I don't believe there is a team in football that would take him. And if the Cowboys did, my 40 years of being a Cowboy fan is gone.

mirth

I doubt the League will let him back. Goodell already screwed the pooch with the 2 game slap on the wrist. The PR hit would be enormous if they let Ray Rice back in next season.

-budd-

good bye to bad rubbish. Judging by how he reacted right after doubt this was the first time.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

OJsDad

Quote from: Steelgrave on September 08, 2014, 04:42:54 PM
Quote from: OJsDad on September 08, 2014, 03:14:46 PM

I'm assuming that's tongue in cheek. Especially since you could insert "Raiders" or even "Jets" in the discussion. Besides the indefinite ban from the NFL, I don't believe there is a team in football that would take him. And if the Cowboys did, my 40 years of being a Cowboy fan is gone.

Yes, tongue in check