Second Front (in Development)

Started by Jo B, August 13, 2019, 03:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

hellfish6

rocketman

Quote from: Jo B on December 27, 2020, 02:01:03 PM

now we can show Gifs in here :-)
Nice. Now the game might also appeal to the model train set crowd.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

JasonPratt

Now just add in track-laying functionality and the ability to issue stock, and you've got a WW2 18xx game!  In 3D! ^-^

(Just kidding, though a war-running rail game would be interesting as a mix of genres.)

Glad to see you still chugging along; Merry (belated) Christmas and Happy New Year!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Jo B

Short video about how target size impacts aiming

Jo B

Creating the map of Saint-Côme-du-Mont in 2.5 hours ,4 minutes time lapse

Father Ted

Very interesting! Loved the sound-track, too!

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

SlagDog

OK Now that's just plain COOL! I'm really looking forward to playing the guts out of this. Keep up the great work!

Sir Slash

That is pretty cool indeed.  :clap:

Skoop

I'm pretty amped for this too.  From the vids it reminds me of a cross of original combat mission and east front from talon soft but with modern innovation added in.   Absolutely love this project, this is what I wanted to see tillergames do, add some 3D graphics flare to the turn based world.  If it can work for field or glory why not WWII.