Second Front (in Development)

Started by Jo B, August 13, 2019, 03:21:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

acctingman

I probably know the answer to this question (when it's ready) but do you have a loose time frame when we might be able to play this?  8)

Jo B

Quote from: acctingman on August 14, 2019, 08:22:52 AM
I probably know the answer to this question (when it's ready) but do you have a loose time frame when we might be able to play this?  8)

I really can't say. I think there are enough 'easy' or simple PC Games like my first one "Tank on Tank" .
This time I want do it right, that needs time.

FarAway Sooner

Stubbornness has always served you lot well.  At least, ever since 1783!

Of course, one could argue that they considered themselves Englishmen until the American Revolution began, so maybe they were just as stubborn as those of you on the other side of the Atlantic...

I daresay that Russia also had something to do with you guys surviving, although it is interesting to contemplate what an alternate history would have looked like if Germany and Russia had never gone to war.  (I know how improbable that is.)

jomni

Jo B

German Leader and Squads with Panzerschreck, LMG, and MMG

Jo B

two Squads with LMGs, Bazooka and Flamethrower.
(yes, the Bazooka is very big, but most time you will see it from far distant)

al_infierno

A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

Jo B

Small Weapons got their representation on Flags

Scutarii

Very excited with this game, looks like a true modern successor of "Steel Panthers", the original, perfect for tactical combat (i allways liked more original SP because limit number of units in battlefield to 48 and prevent when you play AI with a lot of points fight over battalion scale) and even when is not in alpha at least is showing something not like other games that wanted be SP successors but in 5 years are still Fog Tigers :D

I have a question about infantry... squads are going to model individual soldiers (i refer like in SP show infantry units strenght in nº of soldiers and power based in equipment) or is going to be like in tabletop game with an abstract number to show the unit strenght??? (i think in "Lock and Load Heroes of Stalingrad" with full and reduced squads for example).

I think if game offer good modding tools could be better than SP because you an add new armies and simulate other wars pre and post WWII but all in a single title instead 2 (i think in Win versions of SP).

I keep the wargaming forum where i post in my language update with the info about game and well, game receive a lot of love, could be WWII, could be a little cartoon style but feels like an old school wargame... only need now to be 100% happy a modern version of "Age of Rifles" and "Fighting Steel" because modern version of "Age of Sail II" is comming  :notworthy:

I never was in a kickstarter but if you do it count with my euros  O0

PD: talking about add content to game... if i add it in future to my HD i have very clear whats going to be the first scen i am going to create when i have time... "When Tigers Pounce"... i play this scen in SP demo a lot and made me decide buy SP decades ago  :'( and if we can see Pacific front "On the Munda trail", short and intense.

The_Admiral

QuoteI keep the wargaming forum where i post in my language update with the info about game and well, game receive a lot of love, could be WWII, could be a little cartoon style but feels like an old school wargame... only need now to be 100% happy a modern version of "Age of Rifles" and "Fighting Steel" because modern version of "Age of Sail II" is comming  :notworthy:

No worries about the Steel Panthers part, from here and what I've seen over the months, it looks like Jo has you well covered in that respect and many others 8)
About that modern rework of Fighting Steel, what can I say... It is in the works  :-"

Quoteif we can see Pacific front "On the Munda trail", short and intense.
Ah see Jo, at very last, someone who wants PTO! You're not alone! :notworthy:

Jo B

thanks  :)
Quote from: Scutarii on August 17, 2019, 05:31:33 AM
I have a question about infantry... squads are going to model individual soldiers (i refer like in SP show infantry units strenght in nº of soldiers and power based in equipment) or is going to be like in tabletop game with an abstract number to show the unit strenght??? (i think in "Lock and Load Heroes of Stalingrad" with full and reduced squads for example).
there are Squads, Halfsquads, Crews, and single Leaders and Heros.
the Squads and Halfsquads can become weakening and  toughening during game. they represent groups of men and behave like that.
when the break and then rout away this is kind of group panic. A hero can be created by combat result. means one of the group gets more angry and individual.
Heros and Leaders can be wounded. I see this groups as big advantage vs single soldiers. the game heavily deals with the unsharpness of scope.
the group breaks and routs away but the reason, a wound or a kill is unkwon and left to imagination.
there is also a "unknown" combat result for tanks , where it is unclear for a while if this tank is destoid or not. so the player has to deal with shoot again or not.
It is all about uncertainties. I try to show them as percentage.

before and after drop down small weapons

MrsWargamer

'Uncertainties'. I like everything about that actually Jo.
Just killin pixels and cardboard

Jo B

rotate the turret, firing the Gun and all three MGs

Jo B

Pick up Small weapons. A mouse click on one of the top right small weapons will put it on one of the selected units bottom right (Units in same Hex). Top left Units are shown when mouse moves over a hex. Bottom left shows small weapons unpossesed in hex where the mouse is in.

German 50 mm Mortar 36

Jo B

Changed the way soldiers are displaid in buildings. Now should be more clear where everyone is.