Main Menu

Terra Invicta

Started by Millipede, October 28, 2019, 12:10:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Millipede

Gusington

Pretty cool looking...ambitious too.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

hellfish6

They just completed a successful kickstarter. Here's their dev diaries, which are what hooked me. Those ships are totally up my alley: https://www.pavonisinteractive.com/phpBB3/viewforum.php?f=7 Also happens to have a lead developer who is also one of the few sci-fi authors I like.

FarAway Sooner

Ian C

Looks very promising indeed. My kind of game.

glen55

Things are more like they are now than they have ever been before.
  - Dwight D. Eisenhower

bobarossa

So does anyone see a resemblence between this and Children of a Dead Earth (which I own but of course have never played)?  The design screen's emphasis on realism (turn rates, delta v, etc) reminded me of it.  This game is much better looking.

hellfish6

They both come from a hard science background (see Atomic Rockets versus the usual Star Wars/Star Trek-type of wet navy in space of nearly every other game. Lumpkin, the head dev of Terra Invicta, is also a sci fi writer. I'm not sure about the background of the Children of a Dead Earth devs, but I bought that game first and foremost because of Lumpkin's writing - it was/is the only game that simulated a more realistic kind of space warfare.

airboy

^ That was my impression also.   The screenshots scream "science nerd simulation!"

hellfish6

I've tried and failed so far to get into Aurora 4x. Even with a lot of time to spare ("working" from home) I just can't get into it. And I've been exhausted from all the MOO 4x clones for years... I really want this game to scratch the itch I've had for a long time.

airboy

Hope that it is wonderful and makes many happy.

Jarhead0331

New factions trailer. Looks interesting...certainly not your father's x-com.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Skoop

Actually looks pretty cool, near future scifi.  I bet a total conversion mod to the expanse lore would work for this.

mbar

The impression I got from this video was "Aurora 4X with graphics". Not that I play Aurora 4X.