Matrix 2020 Holiday Sale

Started by Grim.Reaper, November 24, 2020, 06:32:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sir Slash

The game still looks hard to play and hard to win to me. What say you all?
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

^Well worth every penny and second you put into the FoG series, Toonces.

Empires for me is hard to win - it can get daunting.

The stitched together campaigns of regular FoGII I still enjoy, and I can win them on 'normal' difficulty.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Tripoli

Quote from: Toonces on December 22, 2020, 12:24:51 PM
You know, I might have to give FoG a serious look.  I find myself playing less Total War because I just get overwhelmed with all the clicky-clicky during the battles.  I might groove on the slower turn-based pace of FoG.

If I got Empires, I'd have to get FoG so I could play out the tactical battles.

FoG2 is very good.  It is definitely worth your time and money
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Vintage Dude

Bought the following with my 50% anniversary coupon:
8 Order of Battle games
Legion Gold
FOGE Persia
Shadow Empire
I probably have 40 games on Steam that I haven't played.
I collect fine games instead of fine wines.

88mmkwk

Years ago, I bought my first Matrix game on the last day of a Christmas sale.  Now, I get my anniversary coupon always with like 1 day to go to buy everything.  So I again made my buy this year on the last day of the sale after getting my coupon the day before.  There was really nothing tugging on my wallet this year.  I - like others here - end up buying games and not playing them.  But I take solace in supporting a wargaming hobby/community I love dearly, so I don't consider it money wasted.  Anyway, here was my relatively small haul this year from the last day of the Matrix 2020 Holiday Sale where I was able to also add my 44% anniversary coupon discount to:

GameRegular PriceHoliday SaleFinal Price
Gary Grigsby's War in the West$79.99$24.00$13.44
Gary Grigsby's War in the West - Operation Torch$19.99$9.80$5.49
Vietnam '65$9.99$2.50$1.40
Shadow Empire$39.99$31.99$17.91
Total:
$149.96$38.24

I grabbed Gary Grigsby's War in the West as I recently started watching tutorial videos on War in the Pacific : Admiral's Edition and have found myself enjoying the detail more that I thought I would.  I completely attribute this to the quality of the tutorials made by Strategy Gaming Dojo.  With the recent announcement that War in the East was being upgraded, I decided to instead get War in the West as I understand that it has a lot of the changes that will be backfit to War in the East.  So I figure that learning War in the West will help out when I eventually end up buying War in the East 2.  Getting War in the West and the Operation Torch expansion for under $20 was a deal I couldn't pass up.

Vietnam '65 was a buy of something to play when I don't have a lot of time.  At $1.40, if I enjoy it for 5 minutes, I will have gotten my money's worth  ^-^

Lastly, I got Shadow Empire purely as my "support an Indie developer" buy.  I read the forums on Matrix and here regularly about it and have both Advanced Tactics and Advanced Tactics Gold.  I admire Vic's work on Shadow Empire and Decisive Campaigns: Barbarossa and want to support his work.  Who knows - by the time I get around to actually playing Shadow Empire, Naval unit implementation and maybe even Jarhead's dream of a space expansion 4X capability will be ready!  $17.91 is a small price for what I know is a great game from a great developer....
Gaming Rig:
HP Spectre x360 Convertible Laptop w/Pen Support
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8550U CPU @ 1.80GHz w/16GB RAM
HP Omen Thunderbolt 3 External GPU/Storage Chassis with NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1070 Ti and 1TB SSD
27" Dell S2716DG 144Hz 1440p with GSync at 2560x1440

-----------------------------------
"Still here and alive. On kindlenso thisnwill be short.  Of wtf.
Day 3 to.borrow.  weather is bad.  Had first fall; good call on gloves.  Heavy rain tomorrow.ngut check.  Inshall prevail.  Jesus thisnisnworse than a drunk post.  F you kindle."        - Toonces