Main Menu

Cross Eyed FRIDAY!

Started by Jarhead0331, February 08, 2019, 06:33:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

Congrats on the expected GrandB.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

When dongles fly? - mirth

MetalDog

Tull is an all time favorite of mine.  Seen them three or four times.  Including one Halloween in the 80's.  It was awesome!  A favorite of mine:

Coming to a head in my Civ IV BtS as Lincoln.  All four remaining AI have raced ahead of me in research.  They will have advanced tanks.  I don't have anything to defend that and it's too far to Composites for me to be able to catch up in time.  My only hope is numbers and experience until I can get there.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

FarAway Sooner

For me, it's Endless Space 2.  If I can get my mouse zoom problems fixed--my mouse wheel goes berserk after 20 minutes of normal play on the game.  It's unique to that game, but something I can reproduce over 2 different Logitech mouses.  Grrrr...

Otherwise, I might fall back on Darkest Dungeon.  And of course, a little mindless fun with Transport Defender, which offers a Tetris-like compulsion to play what is essentially a spreadsheet management game with graphics from 1993.

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Tuna

Moreb

And what acid trip is complete without the uplifting medieval sounds of Mother Goose? Dare I say none?

When dongles fly? - mirth

bob48

'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Gusington

Won my first Order of Battle campaign just now...the Winter War (Finland vs. Soviet Union). As a prize, I now get to continue the war...now on the offense...by helping Nazi Germany invade the USSR at the beginning of Barbarossa  :buck2:

Players definitely get their money's worth with this Winter War DLC...the campaign is detailed, interesting and hard fought - it's also virtually two/three campaigns in one, covering three different conflicts (Winter War, Continuation War, Lapland War) So much so that I am getting a little OoB fatigue...it took me three weeks to get to this point! Gonna put it aside for a while and play some other stuff. But I will definitely come back to it. Never had a game as reborn for me as Order of Battle!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Congrats on the Win Gus.  :clap:  The Mannerheim Line is now the, 'Gus-erheim Line'.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Mannerheim sounds much more formidable. I kept telling myself during this slog that the Finns had a real hard time with the Soviets in real life to try and make myself feel better when I had to play through a scenario a second and third time.

And I may have been a little premature in saying the scripting was not as bad this time through. It's clearly still there but the game, under the hood, may be slightly more forgiving in having players reach their goals, or I have become a better player and grasp what I have to do better.

Either way, like Airboy, OoB has become my goto WWII game. Rarely has a game taken such a turnaround for me and I just can't ask anymore than that. Really looking forward to the other campaigns.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Tuna

Bought the Pacific one this morning at the end of the Steam sale.

Played a ton of IL2 with JP and W8taminute. Finished the weekend off continuing my TW Napoleon Darthmod campaign as Prussia.

Gusington

I'm looking to play OoB Morning Sun next, following Japanese aggression in China in the 1930s before WWII officially started. Also picked up Burma Road - I dig the 'sideshow' campaigns. Winter War is excellent.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

JasonPratt

Quote from: Tuna on February 11, 2019, 08:20:38 AM
Finished the weekend off continuing my TW Napoleon Darthmod campaign as Prussia.

Were you able to fix the unit count problem (and if so how)?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!