The Xth Annual GrogHeads March Madness Bracket Challenge!

Started by bayonetbrant, March 08, 2017, 09:20:32 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

(I'm too lazy to go back and look up how many...  I think it's the 6th, unless we're counting the 'old place' and then I'm up to running my 8th or 9th of these things)

Here's a primer to help get you ready for your picks
https://theringer.com/college-basketball-power-rankings-kansas-ucla-villanova-b6f6504599b6#.sxb90kikc

I'll post the group info to join on Sunday evening after the bracket is announced

Reminder: you need an ESPN acc't / login to join.
Second reminder: Other than Airboy winning last year, Bison and I keep alternating wins, breaking KyzBP's seemingly unbreakable half-decade hammerlock on the tournament.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Here's the info for this year's NCAA Tournament Bracket Challenge

Here's the page to enter your bracket

The group is up - we're "Grogheads 2017" and the password is "Bison" (no quotes)  O0

You can't enter anything before this weekend when the brackets are announced.

It's set for 2 entries / person, but that's only so I can create the usual "Straight Chalk" bracket that lets you compare against the tournament seeding.  Anyone entering 2 'legit' brackets will have both DQ'ed.

No idea what the prizes will be, but we'll come up with our usual "something" out of the grab-bag
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

KyzBP

bayonetbrant

Hey, this is a lot easier than the baseball league :)

OJsDad

I made it easy for you guys this year.  I picked UCLA to win it all, beating Villanova in the championship game. 
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

Bison

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 12, 2017, 10:27:13 AM

The group is up - we're "Grogheads 2017" and the password is "Bison" (no quotes)  O0

You can't enter anything before this weekend when the brackets are announced.

Hey!  That's because K-State made the tourney isn't it?   ;D  I don't see them making it past the round of 32, but I'll just be happy if they don't choke in the play in round.

bayonetbrant

airboy

I'm in.  I have even less confidence than last year.

Marty Ward

If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Bison

Marty Ward

I found the site but don't see where I create my brackets in the league. Do I just click the ESPN tournament challenge banner?
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

Marty Ward

bayonetbrant

I just updated my picks.  As badly as I want Dayton in the Elite Eight, I just don't see them getting past WSU.

I'm not lacking upsets, they're just usually higher up where I've got 4s beating 1s and such.

I'm going to put some faith in UNC-W though.

I think between Archie Miller, Gregg Marshall, and Kevin Keatts, the coach who lasts longest in the tournament gets the NC State job.  Which is kind of a punishment, but the 'Pack will back up a Brinks truck for one of them, assuming Sean Miller isn't available (and he won't be, 'Zona's a better gig than State these days).

bayonetbrant

You've got about 5 minutes to get your brackets locked in!

Any last minute changes?  Make 'em now!

And yes, I'm taking UNC-W, Winthrop, and MTSU to win in the first round.  Why the hell not?