Main Menu

Oakland A's

Started by airboy, August 07, 2014, 10:42:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

airboy

The wife and I saw the Oakland A's last Sunday play Kansas City.

The A's ballpark has the best sausages I have ever eaten at a sports area.  Saags is awesome.

Great weather.  KC won 4-2.  A's ballpark probably has the widest foul ball areas in ML Baseball.  A true pitchers park.  The Raiders also play there.  Al Davis had this monstrosity built in Center Field to have lots of Sky Boxes for football.  Of course, they are totally useless for baseball.  The Center Field edifice sort of looks like the Death Star.

I highly recommend: Ultimate Baseball Road Trip: A Fan's Guide To Major League Stadiums 2nd edition.  We got it on a $1.99 Kindle daily deal and it has been on the money accurate for every MLB park we have visited.

MetalDog

That's the bucket list for me: get out and see all of the parks at least once. 
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

The first MLB game I ever attended was A's-Royals, in Oakland, and KC won.  Of course, it was 1981 and the Royals had some "Brett" guy in their lineup :)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Bison

My first professional baseball game was in the Metrodome.  Horrible stadium, but it did live up to the nickname "homer dome".  Oakland A's versus the Twins.  Puckett, Hrbek, pre-steroid McGuire, Canseco, and the steals king Rick Henderson.