TV show about miniatures wargaming

Started by Silent Disapproval Robot, July 20, 2016, 12:59:39 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Silent Disapproval Robot

From the UK of course.  Those silly Brits and their non-Jersey Shore based TV shows...

Con

Frankly  I am surprised that this series didnt make it into primetime.  ;D  Now real wargamers would have had bottles of beer perched precariously on any flat space on the table, Doritos stained fingers picking up the minis and someone in the background arguing non stop in a monotone voice why some arcane footnote in fineprint on a morale rule meant that this game was not realistic enough and thus totally crap.  That would have updated this to Real Wargamers of Jersey Shore

The beer bellies and great fashion sense have stayed the same through the decades!

Con

acctingman

Let's not omit my famous dip......ground hamburger seasoned with various taco like spices.....melted Tostito's cheese dip....a little green onion (or not) and some Frito Lay's bean dip all mixed together!

My friends call it liquid cardiac arrest.  :buck2:

Phantom

I recall there were a few episodes, I remember the one featuring WW2 combat - was just a small action, I recall being intrigued with the detail - a bazooka was fired at some Germans in a cottage & the round exploded on the back wall, having passed through the window, killing all inside.
There was also an excellent series based on the Total War (Rome) engine, called Time Commanders - I'm guessing its on YouTube - my favourite "expert" was Aaron Nusbacher - a Yank who teaches at Sandhurst - very enthusiastic about his subject!