Voodoo FRIDAY (Slight Return)

Started by Jarhead0331, March 15, 2019, 01:30:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kushan

DCS F-14 and The Division 2 will probably be taking up most of my weekend but I'll be geting some Elite Dangerous in as well. Likely I'll also be finishing up some of the last minute minor things in my El Dorado Canyon CMANO scenario.
PanzersEast: Have to think to myself.... will I play the first one by the Winter Sale?  Probably not, then I should remove Dragonfall
PanzersEast: but that is thinking too logically.... and Steam Sales are about ignoring Logic

---
Twitch Channel
YouTube Channel
Twitter - @KushanGaming
Discord Chat
Command Northern Inferno Let's Play

WYBaugh

When I was in college the rock station did versus 'contests' and this was the first time I had heard Stevie Ray Vaughan.  Just an amazing cover and guitarist:

MetalDog

Stevie Ray is a big favorite of mine.  Glad I saw him before he died.

I am on vacation from now until the 25th.  This weekend will be p&p D&D.  Starting off a brand new campaign.  Six merry Elves in the land of Karameikos.  Part of the Duke's new unit, the Rangers.  Then it will be lots of yardwork and Civ IV when I have the time.  Which should be copious ;)

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Tuna

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on March 15, 2019, 10:34:05 AM
Quote from: Dammit Carl! on March 15, 2019, 09:30:38 AM
Been on a sub kick lately, so Silent Hunter 3 & 4 are on the HD.

Stay dry, folks, and have fun.

Mods?

Nef is the site mod.master when it comes to SH!

WYBaugh

One of my favorite videos MD...man I miss SRV

Dammit Carl!

Quote from: WYBaugh on March 15, 2019, 09:03:47 PM
One of my favorite videos MD...man I miss SRV

Damn straight.  Came to love SW blues/rock via Austin City Limits and their showing of SRV, Omar and the Howlers, et al back in the day. 

If I had a time machine with  a one shot setting, I'd set it for mid 80's Austin and pack bags/ enjoy ride and die happy.

-budd-

Love me some SRV, the great ones always seem to go to early. Got caught up the other day listening to a bunch of Chris Cornell tunes, i especially love the acoustic stuff.

Gaming wise, well i got sucked into 7 days to Die after the last couple of updates. The last couple of updates added a bunch of stuff. You can now turn the horde off/on in the game options instead of editing the XML files, you set the horde to come on day 7,14,21,28 and how long it lasts. There are new settings for zombies you can set, you set them to walk, jog, run, or sprint and there is a separate setting for ferals. The quest system isn't half bad for a change of pace, clear this area, find supplies or buried treasure and turn completed ones in to the trader for XP and a reward. There are a lot of new house designs instead of everything being cookie cutter. The resource grind isn't as bad, and you can level up pretty quickly. The fastest way to level up is still to farm zombies. You can get surprised while looting, the zombies bust out of closets, drop from the floor above or you step wrong and drop a floor into a bunch of zombies and you've broken your leg. The sleepers are better fleshed out and the game stages advance a little more evenly, instead of it's easy one minute kicking your butt the next. I pretty much play with the blood moon horde turned off, you still get the wandering hordes or the screamer hordes. i up the difficulty and set the regular zombies to always walk and the ferals to run. with those settings going around looting at night is quite tense, the ferals have glowing eyes, so when you come across them.....better have a gun. When you die you regress in the leveling system for a time . The leveling system is on the right track in my opinion, depending on how you'll play you'll invest your points in different perks for your preferred play style. I'm really enjoying the tense feeling of going around looting at night, think i pee'd a little when i was looting a 4 story house after dark and a zombie burst out of the closet next to me. Of course don't go looting at night without a miner's helmet. I quite like the melee in this version, i'm getting my level up so i can make the spiked knuckles for some mano a mano action with the zombies.

Happy Gaming Everyone
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Gusington

Stevie Ray and Chris Cornell  :'(

:notworthy:

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Not much gaming for me this weekend but maybe I get to sneak in some Warhammer II?

Dude never claimed to be a singer but boy can he play.

When dongles fly? - mirth

CJReich46

(RIP Phil Lynott and Gary Moore)

Perfect for this weekend! Erin Go Bragh!  (Not withstanding I dig both SRV and Jimi- Voodoo Child- I've actually played that in a band I was in. )

Diablo - Hell level 13. The big gripe is poor Prospero The Warrior, is in a bad shape when it comes to Steel Lords. Sure he can take one on one, but a whole bunch including Lava beasts?! :hide: - (Sigh) may have to restart him... L:-)

So, I started over with Roisin (pronounced Roshen) The Rogue, and she is kicking ass. She took down The Butcher, Chamber of Bone, Halls of The Blind, and is in the caves presently.  She's level 15 and she is on floor 9 of the Caves.

others:
Field of Glory II

But I am thinking of something else not sure...but Diablo keeps calling me back. >:D

Sláinte!!!

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

jamus34

Impressive - How does Diablo look / play on modern systems?

It's one thing to have 20 year old graphics on a turn based war game but for an ARPG dungeon crawl seems a bit tough to me.
Insert witty comment here.

CJReich46

Well I'm running it at 1600x900 - Full Screen.

It doesn't look that bad. See you get two versions of Diablo in the GOG.com package.  It's not Baldur's Gate Enhanced, sorry to say.

1) The Enhanced Diablo - which has better resolution settings. Now bear in mind the graphics are going to fit the resolution, not improved.
2) Classic- which allows Battle.net and LAN - and original SVGA graphics.

There is also a Video Settings which gives you more settings.
" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

JasonPratt

Budd, do the zombies still now sense you down to the bedrock and easily dig trying to get to you?
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, Cyrano and I tested this Napoleonic miniatures system last night for Saturday Night Fights:

Lots of action, and a tense tipping point set up to conclude next week!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

-budd-

Quote from: JasonPratt on March 17, 2019, 09:32:15 AM
Budd, do the zombies still now sense you down to the bedrock and easily dig trying to get to you?

Honestly, i don't know. Haven't played with the radar horde turned on in awhile, and haven't dug to bedrock, well, since the last time we MP'd . I read somewhere they can damage trees now, going to test that real soon. They still dig of course, just not sure if there radar range is infinite.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.