The Last Kingdom

Started by bob48, October 16, 2015, 05:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bob48

Enjoy the books, Steelie, they are good reading.

When Doug comes over at the end of May we will be taking them to see some of the places in Northumbria where bits of the filming was done.

We watched the last episode of GoT season 6 last Sunday, and it has been getting better with each episode. At least we have 'The Last Kingdom' to keep us going for a while until the last season of GoT is televised.
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

MetalDog

GoT is going to get a longer last season, 13 episodes.  Unfortunately, the 13 episodes will be parceled out as follows: 7 episodes starting around June of this year and 6 more in 2018 on an undetermined date.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Steelgrave

Season six just blew me away. It was everything a long-suffering-waiting-on-GRRM-to-finish-the-next-book-and-please-dont-die-first fanboy could have wished for   \m/

MetalDog

I've enjoyed all the seasons.  I am not so die hard that any changes from the books the show made tore me up (like LotR & its movies).  I think Benioff and Weiss have done a fabulous job.  And I just found the release date for later this year:  July 16.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Steelgrave

They have done a wonderful job in bringing a great fantasy series to life. And I agree about the changes not bothering me. In fact, I think quite a few of them have been improvements, especially in later seasons, where they streamlined plot lines where Martin wandered in the books. And the casting has been top-notch all along.

All in all, a modern classic. 

Sir Slash

I just got a notice from Netflix that season 2 is now available to watch. Good Times!  :bd:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Just quickly chiming in - Game of Thrones the Battle of the Bastards is probably the best TV battle in any era that I have ever seen. Even The Wife was like 'COR'BLIMEY' and such.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

bob48

Quote from: Sir Slash on May 05, 2017, 10:52:25 AM
I just got a notice from Netflix that season 2 is now available to watch. Good Times!  :bd:

Was the last episode here last night. Absolutely brilliant series.

'Clip those corners'

Steelgrave

I just started Season 1 of The Last Kingdom and so far I am very, very pleased! Time to order Book 5 while I'm thinking about it.

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Gusington on May 05, 2017, 11:11:20 AM
Just quickly chiming in - Game of Thrones the Battle of the Bastards is probably the best TV battle in any era that I have ever seen. Even The Wife was like 'COR'BLIMEY' and such.
Oh yes  O0
Alba gu' brath

Sir Slash

I just finished watching Season Two and it was every bit the equal of Season 1. Come on you Brits. You need to churn this stuff more quickly.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bob48

'Clip those corners'

Sir Slash

Oche

Howcome anyone didn't post an update of upcoming Season 3 for this magnificent nonpolitically correct BS series laden with mint condition Dark ages Judeo-Christian and Pagan values?? \m/

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/863853/The-Last-Kingdom-season-3-cast-BBC-Netflix-Bernard-Cornwell-Alexander-Dreymon

Nefaro

Quote from: Oche on April 15, 2018, 07:58:06 AM
Howcome anyone didn't post an update of upcoming Season 3 for this magnificent nonpolitically correct BS series laden with mint condition Dark ages Judeo-Christian and Pagan values?? \m/

https://www.express.co.uk/showbiz/tv-radio/863853/The-Last-Kingdom-season-3-cast-BBC-Netflix-Bernard-Cornwell-Alexander-Dreymon

Let's hope they don't push it to be more PC in the future.

After a certain infamous worldwide political agitator & propagandist bought a huge $13.5 Million lump of Netflix shares, becoming a leading shareholder, I'd be even more wary of PC content being pushed there in the future.  :knuppel2: