Main Menu

Oakland Raiders

Started by bobarossa, March 28, 2017, 06:43:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobarossa

Couldn't believe there wasn't a thread on Oakland Raiders being approved to move to Las Vegas!  Only one team voted no on the move (Dolphins).  I guess the owners know that turning down a team move wouldn't bode well for their next attempt to extort money from their fans and hometowns.  So should we start calling them the Las Vegas Prostitutes?  Before the move, we could call them the Ho'land Raiders since they will do anything for money.

bbmike

"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

bayonetbrant

Jerry Jones helped cut a deal for the Raiders to pull in some serious bank from a new stadium deal, instead of losing money on the high-school-quality pit they currently have in Oakland.

The local Raiders fans are going to scream about not being able to go to a game anymore, but they weren't going as it was.  Even with a playoff team, they were around 21st or so in the league in attendance and were having to tarp off entire sections of their upper deck.

They were losing money in Oakland, passed on a deal to share the 49ers stadium with them, and never could get back to LA, so this was the best chance they had to get actual game-day revenue.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Capn Darwin

:pullhair: sucks. I want my Oakland Raiders.  :tickedoff:
Rocket Scientist by day, Game Designer by night.

mirth

I am confident the Raiders can suck in whatever city they end up in
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

bobarossa

Was going to post something about them still pulling in more fans then my Bengals but it turns out they were dead last by a wide margin (2500/game).  And I guess they are lucky they didn't move to LA since LA is next to last in attendance (3000/gm behind Chicago). 

MetalDog

To the point upthread, I heard on the radio that there will be a Raiders themed brothel an hour outside of Las Vegas called The Pirate's Booty.  The sex workers will be dressed in Raiders cheerleaders outfits.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

mirth

Quote from: MetalDog on March 28, 2017, 10:01:41 PM
To the point upthread, I heard on the radio that there will be a Raiders themed brothel an hour outside of Las Vegas called The Pirate's Booty.  The sex workers will be dressed in Raiders cheerleaders outfits.

So a brothel focusing on a completely freak clientele. Very progressive.
"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

airboy

Quote from: mirth on March 28, 2017, 07:10:22 PM
I am confident the Raiders can suck in whatever city they end up in
:bd:

airboy

Quote from: MetalDog on March 28, 2017, 10:01:41 PM

:notworthy:

airboy

We saw a Oakland As Home game.

1] Great food for a ball park!
2] Great beer for a ball park!
3] We got 14 rows behind home plate for $75 a ticket from the freaking kiosk!
4] The stadium is in a sewer, but you can ride BART from San Francisco to the park!
5] Horrible design for a baseball park!
6] The corporate boxes looked like the death star!  <:-)

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Destraex

But none of the players would be from the home town now anyways right? The players are already the prostitutes. Much like the job markets going overseas. Nobody really cares about the locals at the top. Unless they want capital.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"