Waterloo 3D - New napoleonic game going kickstarter - 30k troops

Started by Destraex, December 31, 2018, 05:08:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Looks interesting. Scourge of War Waterloo was my last foray into this space. That game was ugly (primarily the terrain that lets it down) and the control scheme does not provide enough easily accessible feedback to the player. I do like that it attempted to be realistic in both formation and numbers though.

But indie games scare me. So I will look forward to the demo to see what this game has got.
The author is "Sivakumar Kanakraj", online persona of Fred.... who knows what he is capable of. I hope he is more than one or I fear this is doomed to failure. Too good to be true.

https://waterloo3d.com/?fbclid=IwAR0zfWKnbjerweFo7mRuaxsMkQAWe_dHDlBAFydOqlxM6KatKV3EIgQ2JhA
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

bobarossa

FAQ says the demo was due to be released for Holidays 2018.  I think he missed that target.  Didn't see a kickstarter mentioned but I didn't read the entire thing.  Wanted to see how much money he was asking for. 

Destraex

This was his Facebook spiel in one of he groups I am in.
"""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""""

Dear Fellow Napoleonics Enthusiasts!

My name is Sivakumar Kanakraj. My online persona name is Fred.

I have been a student of the campaigns of Napoleon for the past 12 years.

I finally decided to develop my own Napoleonic game.

Currently I am working on the PC game "Waterloo 3D" that is about the iconic Battle of Waterloo.

We are going Kickstarter live on Wed, Apr 03, 2019.

I have poured my heart and soul into this game and am operating on a shoestring budget. I cannot afford to
spend huge amounts on paid ads.

Without stepping on any toes or violating your group rules, can I request the moderator's kind permission
to post some updates on Waterloo 3D on your group? I just want to get the word out to fellow enthusiasts.

If this post violates any group/page rules, please let me know and I will take this post down.

Thanks for your time.

https://waterloo3d.com/
https://www.facebook.com/waterloo3d/

Destraex

AchillesLastStand

Quote from: Destraex on January 13, 2019, 04:52:38 AM
Hi Achilles. :P

Hi  :)

This looks quite interesting and is supposed to have a full skirmish/multiplayer mode. Hopefully I get in on one of the mini tests before kickstarter to see firsthand.

Destraex

ArizonaTank

I'm still waiting for a game that will take up where Histwar left off...perhaps this is it.

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

Destraex

I got an email dev update from Rebecca that was signed the lead designer Fred. I hate to say it but I suspect hey are all Indian developers. So why hide the true names? Are they afraid we will think they are scammers?

Destraex

The first mini demo has been released. I have not tried it yet.
It won't be for some time that I get to try it.

em2nought

Stolen elections have consequences.

AchillesLastStand

Played some of the mini demo last night and lets just say it needs a LOT of work. I do wish them well.

Destraex

It sounds like their French soldier model copped so much flak that they had to put a place holder from another nation in.

Destraex

Just tried it. Seems like it might have some chance of being a great game from what I see.
The voice overs sound reminiscent of imperial glory. Don't know why.