5th Annual NCAA Tournament Bracket Challenge

Started by bayonetbrant, March 13, 2016, 07:10:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Centurion40

After an early drubbing, straight chalk makes an impressive rebound!
Any time is a good time for pie.

Marty Ward

We may not be the best at picking them but at least we didn't do this!

"Oh noooooo.

Of the more than three million NCAA Tournament brackets entered on Yahoo, no one's has more points than James Kiki's. He nailed some early upsets. He had seven of the Elite Eight teams correct. He has a perfect Final Four. He is tied with two other people for first overall, just three games away from a $50,000 grand prize. James Kiki will not win. Here is his bracket. He forgot to pick a national champion."

http://deadspin.com/man-with-nations-best-ncaa-bracket-forgot-to-pick-a-win-1767952495
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Bison

airboy

bayonetbrant

if Villanova plays like they did tonight, UNC is fooked.

odds of that happening?  meh.

But holy cow were 'Nova good tonight
the walk-ons - WALK-ONS! - got 2-1/2 minutes of game time in the national semifinal
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 02, 2016, 10:07:40 PM
if Villanova plays like they did tonight, UNC is fooked.

odds of that happening?  meh.

But holy cow were 'Nova good tonight
the walk-ons - WALK-ONS! - got 2-1/2 minutes of game time in the national semifinal

The likelihood of anyone shooting 71% in a NCAA Finals is highly unlikely.  If either team does - it is probably lights out.
Oklahoma shot a miserable 32% from the field.  UNC pounds the ball inside, so shooting that poor would be highly unusual for that type of squad.

UNC shot a "mere" 52% from the field and 82% from the free throw line. 

Biggest loss UNC has had for the year is 6 points. 

MetalDog

Congrats, airboy!  I gotta pull for 'Nova to stay true to the Big East roots, but, it wouldn't make me sad if the Tar Heels won either.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

bayonetbrant

Quote from: MetalDog on April 03, 2016, 12:15:50 AMit wouldn't make me sad if the Tar Heels won either.

because you have no soul
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 03, 2016, 06:22:23 AM
Quote from: MetalDog on April 03, 2016, 12:15:50 AMit wouldn't make me sad if the Tar Heels won either.

because you have no soul

Hey hey hey hey HEY!  I said North Carolina, not Duke!  Just cuz that cow college you root for can't get their sh*t together doesn't mean the rest of us have no soul.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Marty Ward

If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

OJsDad

'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

airboy

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 03, 2016, 06:22:23 AM

because you have no soul

My wife and I pulled for the Wolfpack back in their last NCAA Championship Appearance in 1983.  We were even UNC undergrads at the time.  Don't turn into a Dookie.

bayonetbrant

The only time I supported Duke was against Nifong

Sir Slash

On a completely different but similar note, I watched the women/ladies NIT Championship game the other night. Florida Gulf Coast Univ. which is about 45 miles from my home, vs South Dakota State. FGCU Got beat but it was close. But the thing that amazed me, and I don't want this to sound prejudiced in any way, South Dakota didn't have a single black girl on their team. Even on their bench. I know there's probably not a lot of African-Americans in South Dakota but I never would have thought that it wouldn't even matter to anybody. Maybe the young people are headed for a better world.  O0
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

That final shot is going down in NCAA history.  Wow.

Sorry, Airboy - you win the bracket challenge, at least :)

I'll unpin this tomorrow and we'll count down to next year.