Psst...Hey, Martok!

Started by BanzaiCat, January 04, 2014, 04:41:04 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

LongBlade

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 11, 2015, 06:55:10 PM
Longblade be like

then Martok be like

Well, it looks like if I get Martok I know what his Secret Santa gift is going to be...Heheheheh  >:D
All that is gold does not glitter,
Not all those who wander are lost;
The old that is strong does not wither,
Deep roots are not reached by the frost.

Martok

Note to self:  Make sure flame-thrower is fully topped off at Christmas-time...  ;) 
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

bayonetbrant

http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/563462/Brazilian-wandering-spider-bite-gives-men-four-hour-erection-in-Tesco-bananas

uh...

QuoteA mum was scared stiff after opening a bunch of supermarket bananas and finding rare South American spiders - whose bite can give a man a four hour erection.

Unfortunately, it then also kills him.

Shocked Maria Layton, 43, spotted the creepy crawlies after opening the bag of yellow fruit she bought from Tesco.

She found the bananas, shipped from Costa Rica, were infested with eggs from the Brazilian Wandering Spider - the most deadly in the world.

As soon as she discovered the cocoon they started to hatch so she quickly put them in a sealed container in the freezer and called Tesco customer services.

The species is deadly and its venom can kill a human in just two hours - but can also give male victims a painful four-hour erection.

Its venom is currently being studied for use in erectile dysfunction treatments.

Mother-of-two Maria went to open the bag for her eldest daughter Siri, six, but noticed there was something funny on the side of one of the bananas.
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

LongBlade

I think we've discussed that spider before. Maybe at that other place we used to hang, but we've been over it before.

JasonPratt

In other news, Siri has been around long enough for parents to name their daughters Siri.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

BanzaiCat

Here is a song that sums up my reaction thusly:
(warning: very, very, very NSFW)

bayonetbrant

take out the "s" in the "https"
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

Martok

^  Ha!  Well-said.  :P 

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 13, 2015, 09:23:14 AM
http://www.express.co.uk/news/uk/563462/Brazilian-wandering-spider-bite-gives-men-four-hour-erection-in-Tesco-bananas

uh...

QuoteA mum was scared stiff after opening a bunch of supermarket bananas and finding rare South American spiders - whose bite can give a man a four hour erection.

Unfortunately, it then also kills him.

Shocked Maria Layton, 43, spotted the creepy crawlies after opening the bag of yellow fruit she bought from Tesco.

She found the bananas, shipped from Costa Rica, were infested with eggs from the Brazilian Wandering Spider - the most deadly in the world.

As soon as she discovered the cocoon they started to hatch so she quickly put them in a sealed container in the freezer and called Tesco customer services.

The species is deadly and its venom can kill a human in just two hours - but can also give male victims a painful four-hour erection.

Its venom is currently being studied for use in erectile dysfunction treatments.

Mother-of-two Maria went to open the bag for her eldest daughter Siri, six, but noticed there was something funny on the side of one of the bananas.
Yeah, I read that story last night.  I seem to recall their was a similar story (also in the UK) around a year ago as well. 

Oh yeah:  FUUUUUUUUUUUUUU......  :o  :-\  :knuppel2: 

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

BanzaiCat

LongBlade

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on March 17, 2015, 09:55:34 AM
Black Widow Sex Research Is Just as Dangerous as It Sounds

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/black-widow-sex-research-is-just-as-dangerous-as-it-sounds-263

QuoteThat's especially true if the black widows are sexed-up cannibal females.

Sounds like a typical weekend at Mirth's.

QuoteAndrade points to the pink sex toys in the experiment room. "We have vibrators, as ways of stimulating the web. This is actually a really good way of creating regular, predictable stimuli. It's hooked up to some electronics, that allow us to trigger it a particular time or particular duration, and we can measure the actual vibrations produced. We've had some pretty funny encounters with personal stimulatory devices."

Sounds like a typical weekend at Star's.

Martok

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on March 17, 2015, 09:55:34 AM
Black Widow Sex Research Is Just as Dangerous as It Sounds

http://www.vice.com/en_ca/read/black-widow-sex-research-is-just-as-dangerous-as-it-sounds-263

Fucking hell! 
Quotebut most can survive up to six months without eating. "Which is why they're invasive," says Andrade. "They can get stuck in a box and shipped somewhere, and even if it's months later, they can start reproducing immediately."
That will now keep me from sleeping today...  :o :o :o 

undercovergeek

There's a conspiracy afoot -

Dog walkers always find dead bodies

People who buy bananas always find deadly killer bastards in the fruit

Do not walk dogs or eat bananas - world order restored

And never ever walk dogs eating a banana - only bad things can happen

JasonPratt

We don't have many black widows around here -- maybe the fiddlebacks eat them.  :-\

But I've seen at least one outbreak in my life, as a boy, a crazy number of black widows that summer. Some so large the little hourglass mark was distended so it didn't even look like an hourglass anymore.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bayonetbrant