Golden Gaming Memories...

Started by Jarhead0331, July 13, 2019, 09:56:14 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thomm

"Close Combat 2: A Bridge Too Far" comes to mind.

Best regards,
Thomm

FlickJax

Like a lot here I suspect so many of my golden memories were provided by one company SSI :)  so many great games

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Strategic_Simulations_games

Some of my faves:

But there were so many more :)

Barthheart

Yeah, SSI and Microprose....  :dreamer:

Staggerwing

Don't forget Dynamics:

I think the player is using some kind of Roland32 emulator for the music.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

Tuna

Quote from: IICptMillerII on July 15, 2019, 03:10:10 PM
I'll throw one into the ring. One of the first proper flight sims I ever played. Really liked this game growing up.

I loved that one "Feet Wet".. But I was already grown up, so now you're making me feel old. Graphics were much better than Red Baron/Aces over Europe/Aces over Pacific.

trek

I had a Mac in 1993 and played the following: Graphsims FA-18 Hornet (now available on the IPad), A-10 Attack! and several games by a company called Deadly Games. The three I remember were U-Boat, Battle of Britain and M4 Sherman. Played them to death.

FlickJax

One of my first PC games that I played with my friends to death:

steve58

I played the heck out of these two on my C64:

Lords of Conquest (from Electronic Arts) and Starflight

Government is not the solution to our problem—government is the problem.   Ronald Reagan
The democracy will cease to exist when you take away from those who are willing to work and give to those who would not.   Thomas Jefferson
During times of universal deceit, telling the truth becomes a revolutionary act.   George Orwell  The truth is quiet...It's the lies that are loud.   Jesus Revolution
If you ever find yourself in need of a safe space then you're probably going to have to stop calling yourself a social justice warrior. You cannot be a warrior and a pansy at the same time   Mike Adams (RIP Mike)

Gusington

I wanted to play Sword of Aragon so bad back in the day because I loved the ads, but I had no pc :/

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

FlickJax

Quote from: Gusington on July 16, 2019, 08:24:37 AM
I wanted to play Sword of Aragon so bad back in the day because I loved the ads, but I had no pc :/

It was so much fun Gus........ sorry ;)

WYBaugh

Quote from: steve58 on July 16, 2019, 08:23:00 AM
I played the heck out of these two on my C64:

Lords of Conquest (from Electronic Arts) and Starflight

Absolutely loved Lords of Conquest!  That and Starfleet are my two most missed games.  If I could ever get off my lazy butt, I would love to write my own Starfleet.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

I was a complete SSI Whore the entire 80's beginning with Kampgruppe and played the hell out of Battles of Napoleon. And I'm still mad about their folding-up.  >:(
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

rocketman

One of the first wargames that got me hooked. Learned just a while back that Charles Moylan was one of the devs who now makes Combat Mission which is the game series I'm most hooked on now. So I have him to thank for a lot  :bd: :notworthy: O0 :smitten:

Flight Commander 2

Edit: Why doesn't it imbed the vid?

mbar

^Highlight your YT link then click the YouTube button to embed it.