Main Menu

[Android] Wardroid

Started by spelk, September 21, 2012, 03:35:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tpek

Thanks.
This is also the first time I read of AppsBrain.

spelk

Quote from: Tpek on December 28, 2012, 02:02:34 PM
Thanks.

I use appbrain to see newly released games, more than anything else. I don't usually buy from them.

I get quite frustrated with Google Play Store, simply because theres not a lot of ways to sort stuff, and they have even less game categories than any other game store I've seen!!

Show me new boardgames by release date please. Nope. :(

Tpek

Quote from: spelk on December 28, 2012, 02:09:55 PM
Quote from: Tpek on December 28, 2012, 02:02:34 PM
Thanks.

I use appbrain to see newly released games, more than anything else. I don't usually buy from them.

I get quite frustrated with Google Play Store, simply because theres not a lot of ways to sort stuff, and they have even less game categories than any other game store I've seen!!

Show me new boardgames by release date please. Nope. :(

Unfortunately I don't see the option for that on AppsBrain either. :P

Google Play is indeed terrible.
To make it worse, many publishers decide to use 3rd party retailers instead of it (like with Combat Mission), making them unavailable for the majority of the world.

spelk

Quote from: Tpek on December 28, 2012, 02:20:53 PM
Unfortunately I don't see the option for that on AppsBrain either. :P

Yeah, but you can get it to list new apps by release date, which is where I prowl for new gaming releases. It's not ideal though.

I like my Android, I just wish it could at least match what Apple are doing in terms of user orientated searching.

I have a sneaking suspicion (and it may be pure conjecture) that they keep Google Play Store basic, so that the masses can ham fistedly purchase the likes of Angry Birds or tedious Mobage offerings without too much effort. Plus they always list in a way to make it look populated, and busy. With "Top" lists. Fewer categories means more items per division.

The only feature I really appreciate is the "also viewed" and the "also installed", because at least you can see other similar titles. Although I'm sure the majority of the subsequent lists are in fact populated by titles I've purchased! :)