Middle Provincial Era GROGPUBLIC game thread

Started by JasonPratt, September 17, 2018, 05:04:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

TURN SIXTEEN -- MORTALITY PHASE
-------------------------------

There are no Immanent Wars to Activate this time.

A vigorous shuffle of the increasingly lethal Mortality Bag, draws...

...family #3, the Valerians.

Wail for the Aristocrats! -- another of I.I.'s key senators passes away. His family card goes to the bottom of the Curia stack, losing all its chits; and the Harbor Fees Concession goes to the Forum for the Senate to vote on reassignment later this Turn.

So ends the Mortality Phase.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

TURN SIXTEEN -- REVENUE PHASE
-----------------------------

Segment one, Faction income:

I.I.'s Aristocrats have starting cash 14; personal cash +15; normal senator income +3+1; knights income +5+1; and Tax Farming +2;
= new Faction total 41 Talents.

Tripoli's Militarists have starting cash 8; no personal cash; normal senator income +3+1+1; knights income +5+6+3; Tax Farming +2; +3 from Aelius' contract to share the provincial spoils of Sicilia with Terentius a third and final time;
= new Faction total 32 Talents.

Undeveloped Hispania Citerior collects its 10 Talents of local tax, spending it automatically on a 2nd provincial army (out of 5 maximum).

The Frog's Plutocrats have no starting cash; personal cash +18; normal senator income +5+1+1 (Plutocrat bonus); knight income +1+3 (x2 Plutocrat bonus);
= new Faction total 33 Talents.

AzTank's Conservatives have 38 starting cash; +3+10+10 personal cash; +3+1+1 normal senator income; +2+2+2 knights income; +1 priestly income; +1 Tax Farming; +4 Sicilian Grain (no drought this turn so no extra possible); Developed Gallia Cisalpina Provincial spoils of +1d6+3 = +7; and half of undeveloped Sicilia's provincial spoils 1d6 = 6/2= +3 (the remainder shared with Aelius of the Militarists);
= new Faction total 88 Talents!

20 talents of Local taxes from Cisalpine Gaul are automatically spent on raising the 7th and 8th provincial armies (out of 10 maximum). 30 talents of local taxes from Sicilia are spent per prior instructions, on 1 new provincial fleet and 2 new provincial armies, now 3 and 6 respectively (out of 5 and 10 max).

Malize's Populists have 3 starting cash; +4 personal cash; +3+1+1+1 normal senator income; +3+2+1+2 knights income; +3 Mining; +5 Aegyptian Grain (no Drought this turn so no extra possible); Armaments don't trigger here;
= new Faction total 29 Talents.

Hispania Ulterior's 10 talents of local taxes are spent automatically on raising a 2nd provincial army (out of 5 max).

Erax's Progressives have 12 starting cash; +20+15 personal cash; +3+1 normal senator income; +3+2 knights income; +1+1 priestly income; +1d6 = +1 PontMax income this turn; +2+2 Tax Farming; +3 Land Commissioner (which then returns to the Forum); Ship Building doesn't trigger here;
= new Faction total 66 Talents!

Currently the Republic has 123 Talents in its Treasury. Expected income and expenses are +100 normal income; -20 LusiWar; -47x2 Active unit upkeep;
= expected new total 109 talents, not counting random events and provincial incomes or expenses.

Tripoli must tell me whether Manlius will attempt to take provincial spoils of undeveloped Hispania Citerior. Income would be 1d6-2, and doing so will lower their chances to develop this turn.

The Frog must tell me whether Acilius will attempt provincial spoils of undeveloped Sardina Et Corsica. Income would be 1d6-5, and will lower their development chances this turn. Also, will Acilius donate any funds to help local taxes raise more provincial armies? (5 more talents for a 3rd army out of 3 maximum.)

This turn ends Terentius' public contract with Aelius of the Militarists to share half of all provincial spoils from Sicilia. Final total across three turns was 5 Talents each. This contract now expires.

Malize must tell me whether Aurelius will attempt provincial spoils in Undeveloped Hispania Ulterior. The income would be 1d6-3, and the attempt would lower the chances for development this turn.

All Players must now make faction distributions, and declare any senatorial contributions to the Republic. You may also now make pre-plans for expenses during the upcoming Forum phase (especially knight persuasion attempts, sponsoring games, any changes to faction leadership).

Be aware that aside from the perennially smirking Sulpicious, two new senators have arrived from their families: Papirius and Fulvius.

Players can be planning ahead about making persuasion attempts (perhaps with help from faction intrigue cards where possible).

The forthcoming Forum Phase will start around the board clockwise from the Frog's Plutocrats, since they have the HRAO senator, Roman Consul Claudus (who for no good reason some neuron in my head keeps thinking is "Cornelius"!)

Annnd now I'm off to read and eat dinner!  O:-)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

IncompetentIdiot

malize

5 to Cato (knight)
5 to Junius (knight)
7 to Fabius (games, bonus to Cato)
7 to Servilius (games, bonus to Junius)
5 to faction cash

No spoil attempt

JasonPratt

Ethel the Frog

The Frog must tell me whether Acilius will attempt provincial spoils of undeveloped Sardina Et Corsica. Income would be 1d6-5, and will lower their development chances this turn. Also, will Acilius donate any funds to help local taxes raise more provincial armies? (5 more talents for a 3rd army out of 3 maximum.)

Yes to spoils.  No to donating funds.

Cash should be divided equally between all of my guys and faction cash as well. 

I won't do games. 

ArizonaTank

Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

....I really have to wonder if the Plutocrat player (of all people) doesn't realize he only has a 1/6 chance of gaining 1 Talent, and has a 2/3 chance of OWING money instead! (1d6-5 means results are evenly spread through 1, 0, -1, -2, -3, and -4.)

:o

malize

Quote from: JasonPratt on July 02, 2019, 09:54:13 AM
....I really have to wonder if the Plutocrat player (of all people) doesn't realize he only has a 1/6 chance of gaining 1 Talent, and has a 2/3 chance of OWING money instead! (1d6-5 means results are evenly spread through 1, 0, -1, -2, -3, and -4.)

:o

He's going to work up an ol' number 6 on 'em. 

That's where we go a-ridin' into the province, a whampin' and a whompin' every livin' thing that moves within an inch of its life!

Tripoli

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 30, 2019, 07:55:20 PM
TURN SIXTEEN -- REVENUE PHASE
-----------------------------

Segment one, Faction income:

Tripoli's Militarists have starting cash 8; no personal cash; normal senator income +3+1+1; knights income +5+6+3; Tax Farming +2; +3 from Aelius' contract to share the provincial spoils of Sicilia with Terentius a third and final time;
= new Faction total 32 Talents.

Undeveloped Hispania Citerior collects its 10 Talents of local tax, spending it automatically on a 2nd provincial army (out of 5 maximum).

Tripoli must tell me whether Manlius will attempt to take provincial spoils of undeveloped Hispania Citerior. Income would be 1d6-2, and doing so will lower their chances to develop this turn.

Hmm.  Pocket the money intended to help lift poor starving peasants out of poverty or take the money and spend it on wine, women and song. Gotta Think... That's a hard one.....

I'll be foolish, albeit nice.  Give the money to develop Hispania Citerior.

Also, 5 talents to Aelius who uses it to buy a knight.  An additional 25 to Aelius, who spends it on games for 3 influence.  And 2 to the bank.  I've run out of fingers and toes, but I think that adds up to 32. :)   
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

JasonPratt

Snorfed at "not taking cash from Hispania" = "giving cash to Hispania"!

I think we're only missing Erax's distributions (and plans if any).

Tomorrow is American Independence Day, which is also likely to cause weekend disruptions of various sorts. I won't (probably) be processing any phases tomorrow, although I may be able to on Friday depending on what the various family units are up to. Or Saturday or Sunday afternoon, ditto.

ArizonaTank

admin request, can you tell me what my held cards are again? 
Johannes "Honus" Wagner
"The Flying Dutchman"
Shortstop: Pittsburgh Pirates 1900-1917
Rated as the 2nd most valuable player of all time by Bill James.

JasonPratt

malize

"This months public bread is provided by the Capitoline Brotherhood of Miller's.  The Brotherhood uses only the finest flour: true Roman bread for true Romans."

JasonPratt

Dad has a tendency to not pay much attention to what bread he buys when he goes out, but he randomly got hold of some Roman Meal wheat bread a few weeks ago, and while it wasn't necessarily the tastiest bread it damn well held up over time!  O0

In other news -- we're still waiting for Erax's distributions. I think? He may be still catching up from holiday week/weekend shufflings. At least, I hope nothing's wrong with him or any loved ones.  :-\