Origins 2017 Front Page coverage

Started by bayonetbrant, June 27, 2017, 12:54:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

In case you weren't tracking the Origins-specific thread in our conventions forum, here's the link to all of our Origins coverage for 2017, and there's still some more coming!

http://grogheads.com/?tag=origins
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Sir Slash

Great pics! Looks like a real good time. Surprised at so many young faces.  :o
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

bayonetbrant

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 29, 2017, 09:58:31 AM
Great pics! Looks like a real good time. Surprised at so many young faces.  :o

when are we going to get yours in one of those pics?!
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

JasonPratt

Loved the coverage; increasingly envious that I can never come!  :'(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

bbmike

Quote from: JasonPratt on June 29, 2017, 10:52:13 AM
Loved the coverage; increasingly envious that I can never come!  :'(

Never!?
"My life is spent in one long effort to escape from the commonplace of existence."
-Sherlock Holmes

"You know, just once I'd like to meet an alien menace that wasn't immune to bullets."
-Brigadier Lethbridge-Stewart

"There's a horror movie called Alien? That's really offensive. No wonder everyone keeps invading you!"
-The Doctor

"Before Man goes to the stars he should learn how to live on Earth."
-Clifford D. Simak

Sir Slash

How do you know I wasn't there? Or... at the bar across the street? Behind the potted plant? Or maybe THE potted plant?  :coolsmiley:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

airboy

Quote from: Sir Slash on June 29, 2017, 09:13:21 PM
How do you know I wasn't there? Or... at the bar across the street? Behind the potted plant? Or maybe THE potted plant?  :coolsmiley:
Or peeing on the potted plant??

Warwynd

I had the pleasure of talking at some length with the OP while at Origins in the Rogue Cthulhu room at the convention. I am one of the Rogue GMs and have been with the group for ten years now. In fact this was my tenth anniversary year. I read your review and am very pleased with your review. I have a few things I would like to add to this though to set the record straight. One, thank you for playing in seven Rogue events this year, but seven was not even close to one third of the events we ran this year. This was a record year for us and we had 23 GMs all told who ran a combined 89 games this Origins. And that was with nine cancellations. Our fill rate was also very high at well over 80% per table with a high percentage  of games sold out during pre-reg. Two, Rogue Cthulhu was founded in 1996, meaning that we were actually around for over twenty years. Three, I'm not sure of the total number of RPG systems that are made for the Cthulhu genre and mythos, but it is much more than two. There are the two you mentioned, but there is also Achtung Cthulhu, obviously set in Nazi Germany during the WWII era, and Cthulhu Tech set in the future. There is also Delta Green, but that isn't really a separate system so much as a different setting. There is a second WWII Germany, Cthulhu RPG whose name escapes me at the moment.

I hope you don't take offense at this post, as that was not my intent. In fact I wished to thank you for the flattering review and we look forward to seeing you next year at Origins (possibly in a GM capacity). I just felt that some clarifications were in order. Again, thank you for your kind words. It always makes me happy to see my efforts are recognized and with such praise.  O0 You sir... rock!

airboy

Quote from: Warwynd on July 04, 2017, 01:06:07 AM
I had the pleasure of talking at some length with the OP while at Origins in the Rogue Cthulhu room at the convention. I am one of the Rogue GMs and have been with the group for ten years now. In fact this was my tenth anniversary year. I read your review and am very pleased with your review. I have a few things I would like to add to this though to set the record straight. One, thank you for playing in seven Rogue events this year, but seven was not even close to one third of the events we ran this year. This was a record year for us and we had 23 GMs all told who ran a combined 89 games this Origins. And that was with nine cancellations. Our fill rate was also very high at well over 80% per table with a high percentage  of games sold out during pre-reg. Two, Rogue Cthulhu was founded in 1996, meaning that we were actually around for over twenty years. Three, I'm not sure of the total number of RPG systems that are made for the Cthulhu genre and mythos, but it is much more than two. There are the two you mentioned, but there is also Achtung Cthulhu, obviously set in Nazi Germany during the WWII era, and Cthulhu Tech set in the future. There is also Delta Green, but that isn't really a separate system so much as a different setting. There is a second WWII Germany, Cthulhu RPG whose name escapes me at the moment.

I hope you don't take offense at this post, as that was not my intent. In fact I wished to thank you for the flattering review and we look forward to seeing you next year at Origins (possibly in a GM capacity). I just felt that some clarifications were in order. Again, thank you for your kind words. It always makes me happy to see my efforts are recognized and with such praise.  O0 You sir... rock!

You are welcome!  I made notes in Columbus, but did not clarify some things.