It's on! Steam Summer Sale 2020

Started by Gusington, June 25, 2020, 12:26:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Anguille

airboy

Everything on my wishlist seems to have gone on sale.  I might buy the Bards Tale collection - hopefully on GoG

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Got Terminator: Resistance, finally. Maybe do some futuristic pew pew pew this weekend?  O0
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

^I played through about 2/3 of it. It won't win any awards but if you are into the Terminator universe, you will probably enjoy it.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Gusington on June 26, 2020, 10:08:29 AM
^I played through about 2/3 of it. It won't win any awards but if you are into the Terminator universe, you will probably enjoy it.

I figured for $22 bucks the developer deserved the funds for trying to stay true to the IP...that, more than anything, is what most people seem to rave about.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Gusington

It's probably the best Terminator game available now. Sucks to say that, but true. One day there will be a truly great one.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

And maybe a movie to go along with it?  :-"
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

True. Since 1991 the films have been, er...less than stellar.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Indeed...they should have stopped after number 2 imho. But there are many movies that should have stopped at some point. The first Matrix was great...the rest...also Rocky should have stopped at number 3.

SirAndrewD

Took a punt on the Terminator game myself.   Media reviews for it were terrible, but the user reviews are really strong.  I'll give it a spin later today.
"These men do not want a happy ship. They are deeply sick and try to compensate by making me feel miserable. Last week was my birthday. Nobody even said "happy birthday" to me. Someday this tape will be played and then they'll feel sorry."  - Sgt. Pinback

Gusington

IIRC RPS said about the Terminator game that it was 'much better than any of us should have expected' or something similar.

Anguille I do like Rocky IV, I have to admit...'I MUST BREAK YOU'

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Anguille

Quote from: Gusington on June 26, 2020, 02:07:09 PM
IIRC RPS said about the Terminator game that it was 'much better than any of us should have expected' or something similar.

Anguille I do like Rocky IV, I have to admit...'I MUST BREAK YOU'
Yeah, Rocky IV is probably the most popular one but it was wrong to kill Apollo Creed (my favorite movie boxer). And he wasn't the same guy he was in Rocky III (mature and reasonable) and all of the sudden he was childish, easy to beat, and totally unreasonable.  It would have been ok if it had been Mr. T.

Father Ted

If I could just interject with some Steam-related stuff...

Completed my DLC collection for CO2.  For once I think this'll be a Steam-sale purchase that I'll actually play.