Did anyone try out Operation Darkness for the 360?

Started by TRDG, September 17, 2012, 04:37:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

TRDG

4 years ago or so, but a pretty good tactical wargame none the less.  With a bit of Horror thrown in.

Kind of an RPG WWII tactical turn based game, as you have up to 8 (if I rememer right) Chars with various skills.  Taking on the Germans in Africa and then in Normandy.  The the Accult German faction steps in with some Vamps and werewolf action.

Cheers, it was fun going Panther and Tiger II Faust hunting in those small towns

Trying to find some smaller pics to put up

Tom

Sigma One

I did try the demo, but I couldn't get into it because of the wonky and terrible camera. For a 3D strategy game I think a solid camera would be necessary.

W8taminute

I love Operation Darkness and thought it was a very fun game to play.  I'm currently stuck on mission 17 "Ardennes Offensive". 

Operation Darkness is a bit more detailed than Valkyria Chronicles.  The only thing missing from OD is piloting tanks like you could in Valkyria Chronicles. 

The camera angle is a bit wonky but once you get used to how it works as well as the "jump to next unit" button it's not that bad.  The game is good but it suffered a lot of criticism because of the camera angles. 
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk