Started by Jarhead0331, July 21, 2018, 07:07:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tuna

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 22, 2018, 06:01:40 PM
Quote from: Ssnake51 on July 22, 2018, 05:47:13 PM
Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 22, 2018, 02:14:56 PM
Quote from: Ssnake51 on July 22, 2018, 01:41:41 PM
Quote from: Tuna on July 22, 2018, 12:12:53 PM
How do you download 1.2? I see this page, but no active links on it.

http://stasf2008.forumotion.com/t6-stasteel-fury-1-2

That is strange.  I clicked on your link and took me to page where the 1.2 link works fine. 
I know that if you are unregistered the links on that page don't work. 

That said, I'm still working on figuring out all I need to know to get these mods installed.  Doesn't look like an easy process.  :'(

Hit me up on steam, and I'll walk you through it step-by-step.

Thanks for the offer.  Will have to wait a couple of days to take you up on the offer.  Having minor surgery tomorrow - got a damn kidney stone that needs to be removed.   So busy taking care of other things in prep for that.

Ugh. Good luck. I'm going in for a hernia repair myself soon...getting old sucks.

Good luck SSnake51, hope all goes well for you.

Grim.Reaper

after playing this a bit, such a shame the developers of the game gave up on it......really nice and makes me wonder why i stopped playing it when it first came out

Jarhead0331

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

Grim.Reaper

pretty frustrating after all that setup and exchange with the developer.  after i got 1.2 working as instructed by the developer, i sent the developer another message asking for the 3.3 files and donation information.  they then respond this morning that the files are no longer available right now and won't be until end of august.  i have no idea why during the multiple exchanges that was not stated up front when i clearly stated i was looking for the 3.3 files all along.

Jarhead0331

That's FUBAR, Grim. I'll inquire.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Pete Dero

I think I will give up.

Bought the game for the 2nd time (Wingamestore - no install exe - just a zip including all the files ) and when I click the exe file (SF-1942.exe and/or shell.exe) nothing happens (no error, no black screen, just nothing).

Disabled anti virus, tried all compatibility settings, reinstalled directx, moving to different locations and still no luck (I am running Windows 7).

Don't think buying a 3rd time on Gamersgate will help.  A few years ago it ran on this PC.  I changed the graphic card (R9 380) and monitor but this I don't think this can cause the problem.

Might still try installing older Radeon drivers later (when this heatwave leaves us).

And also can't download STA 1.2 as there are no seeds available ...

Now looking at Tank Crew early access ...

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 23, 2018, 04:57:35 AM
pretty frustrating after all that setup and exchange with the developer.  after i got 1.2 working as instructed by the developer, i sent the developer another message asking for the 3.3 files and donation information.  they then respond this morning that the files are no longer available right now and won't be until end of august.  i have no idea why during the multiple exchanges that was not stated up front when i clearly stated i was looking for the 3.3 files all along.

Lockie claims their server went down and they lost data...asking to be patient, or use "Japanese" files...whatever that means. Sorry guys. Really bad timing.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 23, 2018, 07:21:08 AM

Lockie claims their server went down and they lost data...asking to be patient, or use "Japanese" files...whatever that means. Sorry guys. Really bad timing.

Ok thanks just wish they would have said that.  He also mentioned the Japan thing but I don't know what that means and how that would work, and I think it only gets you 2.2 version.  Not a big deal, just was hoping for better communication.

Destraex

When I posted on YouTube a few days ago the video creator responded saying "their is a free version available as Japanese if you know how to search". I did not respond.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Pete Dero

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 23, 2018, 08:31:47 AM

Ok thanks just wish they would have said that.  He also mentioned the Japan thing but I don't know what that means and how that would work, and I think it only gets you 2.2 version.  Not a big deal, just was hoping for better communication.

This should give you 2.2 (was linked on a Japanese site - https://wikiwiki.jp/pzfr/Steel%20Tank%20Add-on)

https://www.4shared.com/archive/dDzRZpw_ce/STA22.html (exe)
https://www.4shared.com/file/JYz4a0_cba/STA_227z.html (part 1)
https://www.4shared.com/file/xCDHj2iLce/STA_227z.html (part 2)
https://www.4shared.com/file/f4g0oSmgce/STA_227z.html (part 3)
https://www.4shared.com/rar/MSZm3LOEce/SSM_241.html (sound mod 2.41)

Grim.Reaper

Just confused what is meant by Japan...is the mod in that language?  Can it really be used on English version of game? Etc

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 23, 2018, 11:28:01 AM
Just confused what is meant by Japan...is the mod in that language?  Can it really be used on English version of game? Etc

I have a feeling it might mean Japanese tanks and an OOB. The mod has German, Russian, American, British and Japanese forces included.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog

Grim.Reaper

Quote from: Jarhead0331 on July 23, 2018, 11:31:55 AM
Quote from: Grim.Reaper on July 23, 2018, 11:28:01 AM

I have a feeling it might mean Japanese tanks and an OOB. The mod has German, Russian, American, British and Japanese forces included.

Ah, I see....never thought of it that way.  Certainly more looking for German and such...might be best for me to stick with 1.2 and wait until severe back up

Dammit Carl!

Lordy, this sounds like a delightful mess to try and work through.

Jarhead0331

Quote from: Dammit Carl! on July 23, 2018, 11:47:55 AM
Lordy, this sounds like a delightful mess to try and work through.

Its really not that bad. The biggest problem now seems to be getting the files...not sure what is going on.

Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog