Lock 'n Load Tactical Digital - Game Play Video

Started by Thrawn, February 20, 2019, 10:13:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Barthheart

Con

I bought it - still playing around
One of the parts that Lock n Load Stalingrad that irritated me is the Hero generation and melee.  Happened to me multiple times that I waited for an attacking squad to be 1 hex away unloaded on them - killed the squad but a hero is generated the hero then jumps into my hex melees the entire hex and wins killing me.  Irked me no end in Stalingrad so hoping that this has been altered in the new game.

Barthheart

Quote from: Con on April 03, 2020, 01:43:47 PM
I bought it - still playing around
One of the parts that Lock n Load Stalingrad that irritated me is the Hero generation and melee.  Happened to me multiple times that I waited for an attacking squad to be 1 hex away unloaded on them - killed the squad but a hero is generated the hero then jumps into my hex melees the entire hex and wins killing me.  Irked me no end in Stalingrad so hoping that this has been altered in the new game.

This has not been altered in this game. Those are the same rules as in the board game and can happen there too.

Zulu1966

It looks good to me. Very reasonably priced as well.
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Con

Playing the game - nice setup still a bit clunky on the interface but getting used to it.

Primary question is campaigns and scenarios.  I dont have the original cardboard game to compare but in the Heroes of Nam module under the description on Lock n Load website it lists 25 scenarios.  The digital version has 12.  Heroes of Normandy the physical version has 30 scenarios the digital 12.

I am not complaining about the price of the digital (especially when the physical versions are in the $80 range) but I would like to know if there is a plan to provide the other scenarios to the digital version as later updates or DLC?  Also is there any chance to put together a campaign like the original heroes of Stalingrad where core units transfer and progress?

I should add the core game has 2 additional scenarios for Normandy and Nam bringing the digital count to 14 for those two modules

Thanks
Con

Barthheart

Quote from: Con on April 05, 2020, 12:02:46 PM
Playing the game - nice setup still a bit clunky on the interface but getting used to it.

Primary question is campaigns and scenarios.  I dont have the original cardboard game to compare but in the Heroes of Nam module under the description on Lock n Load website it lists 25 scenarios.  The digital version has 12.  Heroes of Normandy the physical version has 30 scenarios the digital 12.

I am not complaining about the price of the digital (especially when the physical versions are in the $80 range) but I would like to know if there is a plan to provide the other scenarios to the digital version as later updates or DLC?  Also is there any chance to put together a campaign like the original heroes of Stalingrad where core units transfer and progress?

I should add the core game has 2 additional scenarios for Normandy and Nam bringing the digital count to 14 for those two modules

Thanks
Con

Yes, each of the Battle Pack DLCs will have 10-12 scenarios. So you will see future Normandy Battle packs etc.
As for a campaign, maybe but it won't be soon. Current plan is to make sure all the scenarios for the current board game modules are available in digital.

Crossroads

Heroes against the Red Star is the NATO vs PACT module, right? I get confused, I have the Heroes of the Gap boardgames, but they repackaged it while releasing the v2 version. Out in May, need to jump in at that stage, then  :bd:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Crossroads

Just saw the price, what the heck, trying it out  :smitten:
Campaign Series Legion | CS: Vietnam 1948-1967 | CS: Middle East 1948-1985

CS: Vietnam DAR: LZ Albany as NVA (South Vietnam 11/17/65)  
CS: Middle East AARs: High Water Mark (Syria 10/12/73) Me vs Berto | Riptide (Libya 8/6/85) Me vs Berto | The Crossroads (West Bank 6/5/67)  Me vs Berto

Boardgame AARs: AH D-Day | MMP PanzerBlitz2 Carentan | OSS Putin's Northern War | GMT Next War: Poland | LnL Against the Odds DIY

Barthheart

Quote from: Crossroads on April 05, 2020, 01:23:23 PM
Heroes against the Red Star is the NATO vs PACT module, right? I get confused, I have the Heroes of the Gap boardgames, but they repackaged it while releasing the v2 version. Out in May, need to jump in at that stage, then  :bd:

Yes Heroes Against the Red Star is the rebranded Heroes of the Gap.

Con

Quote from: Barthheart on April 05, 2020, 12:50:51 PM
Quote from: Con on April 05, 2020, 12:02:46 PM

Thanks
Con

Yes, each of the Battle Pack DLCs will have 10-12 scenarios. So you will see future Normandy Battle packs etc.
As for a campaign, maybe but it won't be soon. Current plan is to make sure all the scenarios for the current board game modules are available in digital.
Any rough idea for a timetable to turn around the new or extending the current modules. Just looking to understand is this a soon or not in 2020 sort of timeframe. I really want to try some of the more interesting and not as well visited battles.

Thanks
Con

Barthheart

I've only heard that Heroes of Falklands and Heroes Against the Red Star are the next 2 Battle Packs coming and hopefully this summer, like May and July or so. After that I don't know.

fran

Played a couple of the scenarios, and still getting used to the interface. I extended the time delay on the fire exchange as I'm interested in how the outcome is calculated.

MengJiao

Quote from: fran on April 06, 2020, 08:46:45 AM
Played a couple of the scenarios, and still getting used to the interface. I extended the time delay on the fire exchange as I'm interested in how the outcome is calculated.

Seems to work.  Some battles of the Libyan war were on sale (down to 4 bucks from 5 bucks)...So here is Salem wondering when the Loyalist tanks are going to turn up:

greengiant

This game is going for a ridiculously low price on Steam right now; I get that these titles generally make their dosh off of the DLC (much like Battle Academy's cheap price but tons of DLC), but I believe the base game does some with some decent gaming content? I'm looking for some feedback here; those into this title have had two years to monkey around with it so what do you say? Steel Panthers and Camo's spiritual successors have been my go-to for tactical war gaming since, well, forever.

Any feedback would be appreciated, with a focus on:

• Is there sufficient content in the base game or are the DLC a must?
  • How does it compare with Camo Workshop?