FoG:Emp team multiplayer ALPINE WALL vers 3: running!

Started by JasonPratt, December 01, 2019, 02:18:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

It might however still be for the best, if you don't have an army worth anything anymore -- 90% of almost nothing doesn't lose you much in that case! -- and the rest of us can still come in and whap them, recovering your regions and provinces. Then once you rest up, you can rejoin the throng.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

Meanwhile, MD and I am sieging the Celtic capital, and they brought their remaining stack in to help try to save it, so we should be able to cap them all. That will leave two Celtic areas, one of which is my capital (next on my list of recoveries).

The Sems teleported across the map to get to their home capital, after I told them to forget alliance with me. MD's Aedui should be able to mop them up and out, on the way to the last Celtic region -- all this is part of Cisalpina, so he'll get a nice province out of it. (The Celts and Semones buffed up those areas great.)

My two heavy-inf task forces are hanging out until they have a more direct target, one of them holding down the fort (or lack thereof) in one of Speedy's two currently remaining regions. It could easily be another three turns until my other forces get there to help, maybe four turns for MD -- he has a much shorter path, but there are more roadblocks in the way. Once I open up a friendly route through the Alps however, Ysk's task force is ready to go (assuming his neighbors to the north don't get frisky meanwhile). Unsure what's happening with Tuna, but he's still reconsolidating after a(nother) massive rebellion so I doubt he can send anything for a while (and he may need to help guard the north anyway, including Ysk's areas.)

Edited to add: if anyone has some spare manpower, I'm at 7 and running -1. I have plenty of metal for trade, over 300! (In this area of the world, of course, metal isn't worth as much since heavy infs are much less useful thanks to the forests and mountains and alps.)
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

JasonPratt

Quote from: Yskonyn on March 22, 2020, 04:18:03 PM
I am ok and back at the helm!  >:D

I am sorry, but work has been crazy these past two weeks with the Corona chaos. I see my handover to the AI caused some... interesting developments... sorry. :)

So, did you stale out again to the AI? The current moves have been... odd. Also you still haven't handed back some of our reclaimed regions (including mine).

Speedy

Well peace treaty with Rome worked as i got all the territory they took back, now for the Celticii and those damn rebels.

Yskonyn

Sorry chaps . I keep forgetting.
What needs to be done concretely and I'll fix it next turn.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

Either accepting our transactions to give us back our regions; or setting up transactions to give us back our regions.

Also, you've got your own Celtic rebellion to worry about next turn, but we should all be in position soon to come help with that.

MetalDog

I just took Rhaetia, Jason.  Be glad to give it back next turn if the rules allow.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

MetalDog

Accepted your trade.  Rhaetia will be whole again.

JasonPratt

Yeah, I'm hopefully picking up another piece of Dalmatia for Speedy soon, and my last alpine part of Rhaetia. Then I've got a Rhaetia backfield region (which has lots of potential AS THE ONLY THING NOT IN A FOREST OR A MOUNTAIN!  :buck2: ) After that, Rhaetia will be complete. And I'll probably be a core set of provinces after that, since I'll be surrounded by allies on all sides! -- once I get things stabilized I can help send task forces to crisis areas on allied borders. (And help guard the wall, of course. Maybe I'll be able to expand along the alps eastward...?)

Right now the next probable disaster is Ysk's Marcomanni having their own Celtic rebellion. I'll be able to help out a little immediately (and moreso within a few turns), but Tuna and I will also both have to be careful about them spreading out into our areas!

MetalDog

I saw that!  Celticii kicked my ass in their last Region.  I am licking my wounds and building more troops.  I still need to smoke out the Boii and Senones.  But they take a backseat to helping Yskonyn.  I still have to take Celticii's last stronghold then I am on my way, too.

JasonPratt

Okay, I took my former capital back, so that should give your stack in Carnia a way to get back into action, MD.

I'm unsure now whether ignoring the Bois is a good idea -- if we save Ysk sooner but get ruined in the process, we all might lose! I'll hold off doing my turn as far as I can, but do you recommend coming off the alps against their unguarded new capital, in a pincer movement, and seeing if we can provoke their last remaining stack to come fight us?

JasonPratt

Well, I was running out of gameclock, so I hope you got one of my messages and went to help a combined hit on the Bois capital -- but either you didn't get the message, or your game staled out and the AI didn't care to go, so my stack got completely slaughtered without touching them.  ::)

We'll have to try again some other time.

MetalDog

I am sorry fellas.  I have some RL stuff going on and I don't have much desire to continue my part in the PBEMs right now.  I know that makes it more difficult on the rest of you and I apologize.

Yskonyn

Take care over there man!

On the bright side, we all knew our survival would be a great challenge and I feel we have done quite well overall!
My land lies in turmoil with infighting and a negative bank account, so I am not sure how many more turns I can last.

Do we continue this to see where it end or do we consider our experiment done by now? (Happy either way!)
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."

JasonPratt

God's strength and honor to you MD! You've certainly done well in this game, and in helping us, too, so far! (Be sure to drop a similar note on the "Barbarians Arise" game, too.)

I'm okay with continuing, but with the Aedui on AI going forward it'll be harder to coordinate things. And with Ysk's crew about to go out of the game altogether, that leaves only three of us. Not sure we can survive the pressures around us in that case...