Flirtin' with FRIDAY

Started by Tripoli, April 03, 2020, 12:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tripoli

BoC and TF Admiral work.  And learning how to lay vinyl flooring  >:(
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

Dammit Carl!

JasonPratt

I heard some wives discussing once, how husbands are like vinyl flooring: lay them right the first time, and you can walk all over them for the rest of your life!
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

W8taminute

Looks like the video is not displaying but it could be something on my end.  In any case is this Molly Hatchet?
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

JasonPratt

Quote from: W8taminute on April 03, 2020, 01:34:29 PM
Looks like the video is not displaying but it could be something on my end.  In any case is this Molly Hatchet?

Yep! -- Youtube hates our bulletin board engine, so the code has to be gotten by right clicking on the video to copy the code address (not copying from the browser address).

Thus:

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Pete Dero

Weird,  I was able to watch the original video of a live performance, but the audio wasn't live.  Might be a regional issue ?    I think this was the one : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UW6q8_kV1Nc

Gaming wise I started playing Cold Waters again.

Sunday will be the first real nice day of the year  (21° Celsius / 70 ° Fahrenheit).   Perfect weather and nowhere to go as our lockdown continues ...

Stay save people.

al_infierno

Disappointed by the incompleteness of Bannerlord, I've fired up a new campaign in Mount and Blade: Warband.  About 150 days in, I've pledged myself to the Nords, stormed Haringoth Castle, and convinced the king to award it to me.  Now I have Count Haringoth locked up indefinitely in the dungeon of his ancestral home.  Life in Calradia is pretty good right now  :coolsmiley:  ...unless, of course, your last name is Haringoth.
A War of a Madman's Making - a text-based war planning and political survival RPG

It makes no difference what men think of war, said the judge.  War endures.  As well ask men what they think of stone.  War was always here.  Before man was, war waited for him.  The ultimate trade awaiting its ultimate practitioner.  That is the way it was and will be.  That way and not some other way.
- Cormac McCarthy, Blood Meridian

If they made nothing but WWII games, I'd be perfectly content.  Hypothetical matchups from alternate history 1980s, asymmetrical US-bashes-some-3rd world guerillas, or minor wars between Upper Bumblescum and outer Kaboomistan hold no appeal for me.
- Silent Disapproval Robot

I guess it's sort of nice that the word "tactical" seems to refer to some kind of seriousness during your moments of mental clarity.
- MengJiao

JasonPratt

As for gaming and things this weekend...

1.) Various multiplayer games going, including a four player scrum of GMT's Cataclysm through Vassal. Our ArizonaTanks is managing the United States and France (I think, unless I've mixed him up inadvertently); another player is managing Italy and Japan; someone else is playing the United Kingdom; someone else again is playing Germany. That leaves me as boistrous peace-loving Uncle Joe, mua ha ha haaaa in the middle. (In this game, everyone is on a team except me. I'm my own team alone.) We've just finished Turn 1, so we're going into 1933-34 now.

2.) I got a yard dragon recently. My hatred for all allergies shall soon erupt into literal flames as I wreck my vengeance upon all weeds spouting up in the yard, mua ha ha ettttccc...! This weekend I hope.

3.) I may be closing March and the First Quarter for the last time this weekend, at my family's factory, thanks to us having sold to a (good!) new owner who has taken over doing that sort of thing. Thus meaning I might not have to after all. But I kind of feel like I should, just to be safe. Doesn't mean I'm looking forward to that...  :buck2:

4.) At long, long last I've started posting up my (long, long, 875+ pages) chronological sorting and minor commentary of Victor Suvorov's Icebreaker Thesis material -- here at Grogheads for perusal and further commentary, possibly including corrections. Ultimately I aim to make a video series out of it, but we'll see. Just being finished (or nearly) with the notes is a big achievement.  :coolsmiley:

Gusington

Not gaming much but am playing a bit of Diablo III. Toying with the idea of playing some Elder Scrolls: Oblivion and I am getting ready to jump back into Assassin's Creed: Odyssey again.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Thanks for clearing that up for us Jason!

I wish I could go back in time and put a cassette tape of that song into this bad boy and go cruising:

"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

airboy

I think I saw Molly Hatchet three times in High School.  They would play the regional theme park and you got the concert with admission.  Ride roller coasters and listen to Southern Metal.

Gusington

Is that a Monte Carlo? PHAT, son.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Quote from: Gusington on April 03, 2020, 05:15:38 PM
Is that a Monte Carlo? PHAT, son.

Hehe.  Yup that's a Monte Carlo.   :)

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

WYBaugh

Great song.  I'm from their hometown