Great song.  I'm from their hometown

You from Jacksonville?  I was stationed in the area from 1985-1992
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

WYBaugh

Quote from: Tripoli on April 03, 2020, 07:20:12 PM
Quote from: WYBaugh on April 03, 2020, 07:01:39 PM

I am a native and still here on the southside.

Were you at Mayport or NAS?

Tripoli

Quote from: WYBaugh on April 03, 2020, 07:50:25 PM
Quote from: Tripoli on April 03, 2020, 07:20:12 PM
Quote from: WYBaugh on April 03, 2020, 07:01:39 PM

I am a native and still here on the southside.

Were you at Mayport or NAS?

I was stationed at both bases. I was on the USS SARATOGA (CV-60) out of Mayport and at NAVAIRES and VP-62 at NAS.
"Do I not destroy my enemies when I make them my friends?" -Abraham Lincoln

MetalDog

My favorite Molly Hatchet song

Gaming this weekend will be numerous duels of MtG:Arena, some Civ IV BtS mp, and returning PBEM turns in four games of Field of Glory:Empires.  Stay safe every one!
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Staggerwing

Quote from: W8taminute on April 03, 2020, 05:16:33 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 03, 2020, 05:15:38 PM
Is that a Monte Carlo? PHAT, son.

Hehe.  Yup that's a Monte Carlo.   :)

I had one of those back in 81. Plush ride.
Vituð ér enn - eða hvat?  -Voluspa

Nothing really rocks and nothing really rolls and nothing's ever worth the cost...

"Don't you look at me that way..." -the Abyss

'When searching for a meaningful embrace, sometimes my self respect took second place' -Iggy Pop, Cry for Love

... this will go down on your permanent record... -the Violent Femmes, 'Kiss Off'-

"I'm not just anyone, I'm not just anyone-
I got my time machine, got my 'electronic dream!"
-Sonic Reducer, -Dead Boys

JasonPratt

Always wanted a Buick Grand National instead, but Monte Carlos were not to be sniffed at! As it happens, my parents had a Buick Riviera in the mid 70s, very similar (though an ugly grey-metal color). We managed to pick up another Riviera ten-ish years later; loved that car, had the first touchscreen we had ever seen, set in the middle of the console as a multi-function display, much like a jet fighter!

While I never did get a Grand National, I did score a supercharged Grand Prix after college, which was much nicer (at least compared to the black Buick Regal GS also being sold on the same lot, the quality of which disappointed me greatly since it was the direct successor to the National, also with a supercharger.) I still miss that GP; I traded for a G6 a few years later, but it wasn't quite the same, and I was going to go back to a GP instead on the next trade -- and then my beloved Pontiac shut its factories!  :'(
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

Sir Slash

I saw Molly Hatchet in concert once L-O-N-G ago. I was so messed-up I really don't remember anything buy the very bad sunburn I got there.  8) 

Rome 2 with the DEI Mod for me. Winter 252 B.C. The battle of Thapsos, where my Libyan-Roman Infantry receives a charge by the Carthaginian Heavy Cav.  It didn't go well for the Libyans but we won the battle.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

MetalDog

Quote from: Sir Slash on April 03, 2020, 11:40:29 PM
I saw Molly Hatchet in concert once L-O-N-G ago. I was so messed-up I really don't remember anything buy the very bad sunburn I got there.  8) 

You know better than to go outside in the Florida summer sun.  December is brutal.
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

Martok

Am taking Interstellar Space: Genesis out for a spin, now that the major 1.1 update is finally available in beta.  It looks pretty sweet! 

I'll probably also play some Rome II with the DEI mod.  That, or Thrones of Britannia -- I've been reading Sword of Kings, the latest book in Bernard Cornwell's Saxon Tales series, so I'm feeling a bit...inspired.  :D 

Quote from: MetalDog on April 04, 2020, 12:47:36 AM
Quote from: Sir Slash on April 03, 2020, 11:40:29 PM

You know better than to go outside in the Florida summer sun.  December is brutal.
:DD
"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Anguille

Too many games these days!

My son asked me last week why i wasn't playing MOO:CtS anymore and i ended playing a massive game with the Alkari...huge war against the Meklars...great game.

Like Martok, i am going to play Interstellar Genesis....looking great with the new update.

Just finished my Egyptian Campaign in Napoleon Total War and am starting the European Campaign...such a massive map!

I will also continue my Learning Journey with Polaris Sector.

Finally, i also have a fresh game of Stellaris going on....

Too much!

Have a great weekend guys.

MengJiao

Quote from: Anguille on April 04, 2020, 02:45:50 AM

I agree.  Games are slowly getting more interesting.   I enjoy each little step on the trail to slightly more interesting.  Meanwhile, mostly boardgames this weekend.

-budd-

Started up PBEM games again. One in CSME, where i'm the Egyptians and a Brother vs Brother game where i'm the south. To early to tell how these are going but i did just take out 7 Israeli tanks on turn 4 of a 20 turn game \m/.

My daughter and I just found Carcassonne, man we love this game. A lot of strategy for such a simple game, i can see where this will be one of our favorites. She hates to lose to daddy. We've been playing the digital version, but ordered and just received the board game, so we'll be playing that this weekend. might just stick with the base version with the bishop, the other add-ons of which there are many just seem to complicate the game. The basic game just seems almost perfect.

I've been looking for a FPS to install and finish. I've installed and unistalled, Fallout New Vegas, wasn't feeling it, to slow. Dishonored, same reason, to slow. Think i'm looking for something with no story and lots of firepower. Reinstalled Amid Evil,a Heretic homage,  i was halfway through when i quit it, so i'll keep on with that......it feels right...and i do love my green sword of death :knuppel2:. The map design is what makes this game rise above the usual.

I picked up the just released LocknLoad tactical digital base game. I've always struggled with impulse game systems, i just love the scale. It's pretty much exactly like Heroes of Stalingrad without the story campaign.

Be safe everyone

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

JasonPratt

Having set fire to my front yard this morning  :o #:-), I am sequestering myself upstairs in my room away from the flamethrower for at least a little while, as I ponder my mistakes and how to correct them for future operations...  >:D
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

MOS:96B2P

Quote from: JasonPratt on April 04, 2020, 01:39:26 PM
Having set fire to my front yard this morning  :o #:-), I am sequestering myself upstairs in my room away from the flamethrower for at least a little while, as I ponder my mistakes and how to correct them for future operations...  >:D

:o  Was the mistake big enough that you were able to meet and hang out with any of the local firefighters?  Or maybe other first responders?   C:-)   Those things sound like fun.  I may have to get one...........   

Martok

Quote from: Anguille on April 04, 2020, 02:45:50 AM

My son asked me last week why i wasn't playing MOO:CtS anymore and i ended playing a massive game this game with the Alkari...huge war against the Meklars...great game.

Like Martok, i am going to play Interstellar Genesis....looking great with the new update.

Just finished my Egyptian Campaign in Napoleon Total War and am starting the European Campaign...such a massive map!

I will also continue my Learning Journey with Polaris Sector.

Finally, i also a fresh game of Stellaris going on....

Too much!

Have a great weekend guys.
Heh, too many games is not a bad problem to have.  :)  Congrats on completing your Egyptian campaign in NTW! 

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces