Flirtin' with FRIDAY

Started by Tripoli, April 03, 2020, 12:43:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JasonPratt

Quote from: MOS:96B2P on April 04, 2020, 02:02:21 PM
Quote from: JasonPratt on April 04, 2020, 01:39:26 PM
Having set fire to my front yard this morning  :o #:-), I am sequestering myself upstairs in my room away from the flamethrower for at least a little while, as I ponder my mistakes and how to correct them for future operations...  >:D

:o  Was the mistake big enough that you were able to meet and hang out with any of the local firefighters?  Or maybe other first responders?   C:-)

Almost but not quite. It was moving fast in an expanding perimeter thanks to a brisk wind, and almost got out of range of my hose before I could stop it. At that point the local fire team would have been called pronto -- and by then, I would have been charged with not having called them in before the flame got out of control for several minutes before they arrived!

sigh. It could have been really bad. But I have adjusted plans for my yard dragon.

1.) Two-man team is essential, one to burn, one to immediately douse thoroughly with the hose. No exceptions.

2.) The hose must be charged up and ready to operate immediately.

3.) Stay within 80% radius of the hose at all times (so that the hose can get out around ahead of any spread if necessary, especially without dragging the hose THROUGH the burnt/burning area!)

4.) I need to get a better idea of what is necessary to kill the plant by shock without actually setting any sparks going. Only experience can tell me that. And maybe Youtube research. Part of my problem is that I wanted to ensure the root had died by zorching the stalk(s) as close to the root(s) as possible.

5.) Watch out better for nearby dry flammables. I was doing okay until I got to a part of the yard not yet greening out (except for the weeds).

6.) Watch out better for flare-ups in the rear. The two-man group will help with that, as will thorough dousing, but still the principle should be applied regularly just to be safe.
ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse
Survive Harder! -- Two season narrative AAR, an Amazon Blood Bowl career.
PanzOrc Corpz Generals -- Fantasy Wars narrative AAR, half a combined campaign.
Khazâd du-bekâr! -- narrative dwarf AAR for LotR BfME2 RotWK campaign.
RobO Q Campaign Generator -- archived classic CMBB/CMAK tool!

JasonPratt

ICEBREAKER THESIS CHRONOLOGY! -- Victor Suvorov's Stalin Grand Strategy theory, in lots and lots of chronological order...
Dawn of Armageddon -- narrative AAR for Dawn of War: Soulstorm: Ultimate Apocalypse

Gusington

'Wing I knew you were a PIMP.

Pratt please be careful you lunatic.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

W8taminute

Congrats Anguille on the NTW Egyptian Campaign!
"You and I are of a kind. In a different reality, I could have called you friend."

Romulan Commander to Kirk

CJReich46

Molly Hatchet!  Cool.  "Dreams (I'll never see)" Flirtin' with Disaster, Whiskey Man, Bounty Hunter are my faves. Plus the Frazetta Art.

I've been playing Kerbal Space Program. I'm just been stressed. See I work in the "essential services" in retail so we're dealing with the usual, trying to do our normal tasks, then cleaning, sanitizing, and of course the customers (a lot aren't taking this seriously). The consolation is this week after Wednesday I'm off for the rest of the week.

Gaming wise..besides Kerbal - science mode  trying to get Jeb into orbit and keep him there.

" He either fears his fate too much
Or his deserts are small,
Who dares not put it to the touch
To win or lose it all."  - James Graham 1st Marquis of Montrose

Father Ted

Having set fire to my front yard this morning  :o #:-), I am sequestering myself upstairs in my room away from the flamethrower for at least a little while, as I ponder my mistakes and how to correct them for future operations...  >:D

You don't live in California do you?

jamus34

Quote from: -budd- on April 04, 2020, 11:55:27 AM
Started up PBEM games again. One in CSME, where i'm the Egyptians and a Brother vs Brother game where i'm the south. To early to tell how these are going but i did just take out 7 Israeli tanks on turn 4 of a 20 turn game \m/.

My daughter and I just found Carcassonne, man we love this game. A lot of strategy for such a simple game, i can see where this will be one of our favorites. She hates to lose to daddy. We've been playing the digital version, but ordered and just received the board game, so we'll be playing that this weekend. might just stick with the base version with the bishop, the other add-ons of which there are many just seem to complicate the game. The basic game just seems almost perfect.

I've been looking for a FPS to install and finish. I've installed and unistalled, Fallout New Vegas, wasn't feeling it, to slow. Dishonored, same reason, to slow. Think i'm looking for something with no story and lots of firepower. Reinstalled Amid Evil,a Heretic homage,  i was halfway through when i quit it, so i'll keep on with that......it feels right...and i do love my green sword of death :knuppel2:. The map design is what makes this game rise above the usual.

I picked up the just released LocknLoad tactical digital base game. I've always struggled with impulse game systems, i just love the scale. It's pretty much exactly like Heroes of Stalingrad without the story campaign.

Be safe everyone

No story and lots of firepower?

Check out Borderlands 3. Tons o guns and a relatively forgettable story that you can gloss over just to get the next objective.
Insert witty comment here.

JasonPratt

Quote from: Father Ted on April 06, 2020, 03:37:43 PM

You don't live in California do you?

Fortunately I live in the glorious state of Tennessee! (Wearing my newest TN T-shirt after work as I type.  :D We love our state a lot.)

Honestly I was surprised at the flame spread. Lots of rain on us over the past few weeks, ground where there's no grass is still pretty muddy though not soggy.

WYBaugh

Quote from: jamus34 on April 06, 2020, 05:09:36 PM
Quote from: -budd- on April 04, 2020, 11:55:27 AM
Started up PBEM games again. One in CSME, where i'm the Egyptians and a Brother vs Brother game where i'm the south. To early to tell how these are going but i did just take out 7 Israeli tanks on turn 4 of a 20 turn game \m/.

My daughter and I just found Carcassonne, man we love this game. A lot of strategy for such a simple game, i can see where this will be one of our favorites. She hates to lose to daddy. We've been playing the digital version, but ordered and just received the board game, so we'll be playing that this weekend. might just stick with the base version with the bishop, the other add-ons of which there are many just seem to complicate the game. The basic game just seems almost perfect.

I've been looking for a FPS to install and finish. I've installed and unistalled, Fallout New Vegas, wasn't feeling it, to slow. Dishonored, same reason, to slow. Think i'm looking for something with no story and lots of firepower. Reinstalled Amid Evil,a Heretic homage,  i was halfway through when i quit it, so i'll keep on with that......it feels right...and i do love my green sword of death :knuppel2:. The map design is what makes this game rise above the usual.

I picked up the just released LocknLoad tactical digital base game. I've always struggled with impulse game systems, i just love the scale. It's pretty much exactly like Heroes of Stalingrad without the story campaign.

Be safe everyone

No story and lots of firepower?

Check out Borderlands 3. Tons o guns and a relatively forgettable story that you can gloss over just to get the next objective.

I second Borderlands 3.  Awesome game.

Sir Slash

I guess setting your front yard on fire is one way to keep the Jehovah Witnesses away but it seems a tad extreme to me.  ;D   Just a tad. No insult intended to any religious group but the doorbell ringing EVERY Sat. morning gets old.
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

Good! That's the day I groom Rottweilers with rabies.  <:-)
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Gusington

Me too! I do the 3am drop off.

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Sir Slash

That's the roughest time. Rotties don't like to be woken-up early. And they also aren't keen on a bath that early either.  :buck2:

Gusington

They REALLY don't like bugs crawling into their asses either. Just putting that out there as a PSA.

On another note I have been enjoying Diablo III way more than I think I should. Just started the third chapter of my Lvl 47 Necromancer campaign last night.

HE IS BAD ASS!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd