Post Scriptum - Normandy/Carentan Trailer - Chapter III reveal

Started by Destraex, April 04, 2020, 12:29:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Destraex

Well I was disappointed to see Normandy being done yet again in a first person shooter.
However Post Scriptum no doubt will do it as realistically as possible.
In the clip we see a lot more American Vehicles. THe M10 Wolverine and the Hellcat specifically.
The Germans get the Fallschirmjager Paratroopers to play with.

We see landing craft and the beaches of normandy in the trailer as well as paratroopers jumping. THere was only one map in post scriptums previous releases that allowed jumping out of an aircraft so I don't expect too much here. But we should have one map at least with landing craft and one with para drops.

No British seen in either the recent chapter II early France release or this trailer for Normandy.  But I will excuse this because the first chapter had British and Polish Paratroopers.

"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"

Zulu1966

Jeez. If they could make combat mission look like that I would sell my house to buy it....
"you are the rule maker, the dictator, the mini- Stalin, Mao, Hitler, the emperor, generalissimo, the MAN. You may talk the talk and appear to be quite easy going to foster popularity, but to the MAN I say F*CK YOU." And Steve G is F******g rude ? Just another day on the BF forum ... one demented idiots reaction to BF disagreeing about the thickness of the armour on a Tiger II turret mantlet.

Rayfer

Destraex

Rayfer judging by what they did for their French trailer teaser earlier, it's rendered rather than gameplay. However I don't think gameplay looks much different where you see the infantry, I think the render is their to get some of the more unusual scenes into the trailer. For instance your not going to start up in the clouds in a c47, but the game has so far had a map where you jump from one flying at low level. You also won't get so many men on the beach at once. Some of the troop animations are more varied, unique and tailored to the scene than you get in game as well.
"They only asked the Light Brigade to do it once"