Share your Screenshots!

Started by TheCommandTent, April 02, 2012, 09:37:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

bobarossa

I'm able to do flight Sims without problems but fps's make me nauseous in from a few minutes to half an hour.  The more indoor scenes or walls the faster it happens.  Last one I could play was battlefield 2.  The more they try to make them "realistic" the worse it gets.  Sometimes it feels like my brain is rotating within my skull.

smittyohio

Quote from: Martok on March 24, 2020, 08:31:15 PM
Quote from: airboy on March 24, 2020, 10:21:06 AM
Quote from: Martok on March 23, 2020, 08:10:53 AM

Makes me glad I suck at FPS games, *and* that they give me motion sickness.  :P

I thought I was the only one!
Heh.  No, definitely not. 

Pretty much any game played with a first-person perspective (it's not just shooters) makes me ill after just 15-30 minutes; I get migraines and (usually) a certain degree of nausea.  This is often true even of games that offer a 3rd-person perspective as an option (such as certain sim titles and RPG's), although I can generally make it longer before suffering symptoms.  That's why I don't play many sim games (much as I sometimes enjoy them), and prefer the old-style isometric RPG's like Pillars of Eternity and Divinity: Original Sin over RPG's like Dragon Age and Mass Effect.

I can hardly play any FPS games these days... first time I ever noticed it was with the original XBox, but was fine for most of the XBox 360 era.  After that, it's rare that I can play a FPS without getting headaches and feeling sick.

MOS:96B2P

Combat Mission Red Thunder.  More flamethrower tracks at work.

-budd-

A flaming crossfire, nice.
Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Sir Slash

"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

Combat Mission Red Thunder.  T-34/76

T-34/85

IS-2

Sir Slash

Love the tank markings.  :clap:
"Take a look at that". Sgt. Wilkerson-- CMBN. His last words after spotting a German tank on the other side of a hedgerow.

WallysWorld

Finally playing TOAW4 after many years of not playing this series. Just realizing how much fun it is to play and how much I missed it.

Battle of Remagen:

"I used to be with it, but then they changed what *it* was. Now what I'm with isn't *it* and what *it* is seems weird and scary to me." - Abraham Simpson

Sir Slash

Great pic Wally. A Wargamers wargame for sure.  :clap:

Quote from: WallysWorld on April 22, 2020, 11:44:02 AM
Finally playing TOAW4 after many years of not playing this series. Just realizing how much fun it is to play and how much I missed it.
Battle of Remagen

That looks cool.  I had one of the earlier versions.  Maybe 2?  More interesting games out there than the time to play them ........... 

Sir Slash

Medieval TW 2. My Son-In-Law completes the First Crusade.... to Cairo that is. I knew he was worth his weight in Florins first time I saw him. Even if he dresses funny. He's VERY talented, he's been gone on Crusade 3 years and still managed to father twins. That's talent!  ^-^

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

Combat Mission Red Thunder.  105mm Wespe eliminates an OpFor position inside a building.

Sir Slash

:wow:  That place is gonna need more than just a new paint job.

Sir Slash

Damn, 'King Al' died. He...seemed so...strong...and healthy, as he happily pillaged and looted the countryside around Algiers.  :'(  Now his... less capable...son, Rodrigo takes over. Spain could be in some Deep Pooh.