Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice

Started by Gusington, January 30, 2020, 01:08:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gusington

I have only dabbled in the Dark Souls games briefly before getting tired of being brutalized for the umpteenth time, but from what I have read Sekiro is a little different. Supposedly it is a bit more forgiving than a Dark Souls game and additionally, a difficulty slider is/will be made available.

Honestly the mixed historical/fantasy setting of 16th century Japan is what got me thinking about this one.

Anyone playing?

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Grimnirsson

I played every one of the Souls games and Bloodborne and will some day play Sekiro as well. Afaik the "easy mode" is only available when you install an unofficial mod, the game as such has no native difficulty options, except for a few in-game trinkets that can be activated to make the game even harder.

Btw an easy mode in a From software game is a contradictio in adiecto and using the mod certainly kills the vision of the game, so no point in playing it all imo.
Homefront Wargame Center - supporting our hobby!

www.homefrontcenter.de

jamus34

Yeah I love and hate the From Software games too. I typically suck at twitch gaming nowadays so I don't get far in them but they are so damn appealing.
Insert witty comment here.

Jarhead0331

I'm holding out for Ghosts of Tsushima for my samurai sword slashing fix.
Grogheads Uber Alles
Semper Grog
"No beast is more alpha than JH." Gusington, 10/23/18

CptHowdy

Can also check out Nioh. It is dark souls like and supposed to be a little easier.

Gusington

Hmm Nioh. Hadn't thought of that one.

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Moreb

Yeah, from what I have read Sekiro is even harder than DS, which I quickly gave up on. I love the look and idea of Sekiro, but since I never play such heavy action games like it, I'm afraid I'd rage quit.
When dongles fly? - mirth

-budd-

Well Dark Souls 1 kind of highlighted a drawback against buying to many games that you don't play. I've had the prepare to die edition for some time. I heard and saw about the bone crushing difficulty so was never in a rush to play, that and i didn't have a gamepad. When i finally got around to installing and playing....couldn't get it to run on windows 10, tried the online fixes and nothing worked, so when my account says 19 minutes played thats a damn lie..strictly failed trail and error , but hey they released a remastered edition i can buy  :tickedoff:  :pullhair: for 50% off . I imagine there are a few more games in my backlog that probably won't run, there is a drawback to a lack of impulse control  L:-) The thing that interested me in Dark Souls was the combat system, it looked to be better than your typical button mashing.

Enjoy when you can, and endure when you must.  ~Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

Be Yourself; Everyone Else is Taken ~Oscar Wilde

*I'm in the Wargamer middle ground*
I don't buy all the wargames I want, I just buy more than I need.

Yskonyn

Even though Dark Souls games are hard as nails, they are also fair. At all point in the game where you die it is immediately clear why you died.
Its combat system is super precise and -for me- the best action combat system I've ever seen in a game; rewarding thoughtful offensive and defensive maneuvering.
It's pretty sim-like in my view, which is rare for an action game.
Also, the way the story is told in an indirect way is super immersive for me; the world is so rich with lore, but like the character you play, you don't know any of it and have to search for clues and have to piece together the fragments to get to the greater story.

That said, I've never ever finished a DS game. :)
Still I love them. It's just that it really is a game that requires a certain mood and resolve in order to play. Which, as life gets busier, I just dont have for gaming.

And I think Bloodborne is regarded as the more accessible or easier of the titles, not Sekiro.
"Pilots do not get paid for what they do daily, but they get paid for what they are capable of doing.
However, if pilots would need to do daily what they are capable of doing, nobody would dare to fly anymore."