War in the pacific admiral's edition

Started by The pirate, December 02, 2017, 04:47:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Toonces

I have started this game so many times.  I think I've gotten as far as about 200 or maybe 300 turns in before I get distracted (SQUIRREL!) and if you've played the game you know how hard it is to pick up after you've been away for a month or two.  You completely lose track of what the purpose of that task force was, or why you set it to go where it's going, etc.

I swear, though, like reading Les Miserables, at some point in my life I'm going to sit down and finish this bad boy once and for all.  I personally find it one of the best war games I've ever played, like a dream come true.  It's just so doggone time consuming to actually get anything done.

I like to picture myself sitting on my deck in southern California (or Florida), a cool beer at my side and my laptop in front of me, slowly working my way through this grand campaign, leisurely moving my ships around one turn at a time, no rush, birds chirping and the sounds of waves gently  breaking against the shore in the background.   :dreamer:
"If you had a chance, right now, to go back in time and stop Hitler, wouldn't you do it?  I mean, I personally wouldn't stop him because I think he's awesome." - Eric Cartman

"Does a watch list mean you are being watched or is it a come on to Toonces?" - Biggs