Mass Effect Andromeda

Started by Tpek, March 21, 2017, 05:54:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ghostryder

I think it doesn't matter if they fix it. If the writing is bad and the quests boring and there's nothing intriguing about the new setting there's little reason to waste one's time with it. Every review says the same thing -- all the above.

It's sort of like the Alien movies. we start out with a strong movie (Alien-Mass Effect1) an even stronger sequel (Alien2-Mass Effect 2) and then things turn wierd (Alien 3- Mass Effect 3) and then quickly go downhill (alien resurrection, Alien vs predator--Mass Effect Andromeda)

They could have gave us a great character to play to replace shepard---they didn't. They could have gave us an interesting new galaxy to learn about and explore--they didn't. They could have up'd the voice acting to make an impact--they didn't - they could have introduced engaging new alien races-they didn't.

It's like watching a mad for TV movie based on a Stephen King Novel.

Rayfer

Quote from: ghostryder on April 25, 2017, 09:44:11 AM
I think it doesn't matter if they fix it. If the writing is bad and the quests boring and there's nothing intriguing about the new setting there's little reason to waste one's time with it. Every review says the same thing -- all the above.

It's sort of like the Alien movies. we start out with a strong movie (Alien-Mass Effect1) an even stronger sequel (Alien2-Mass Effect 2) and then things turn wierd (Alien 3- Mass Effect 3) and then quickly go downhill (alien resurrection, Alien vs predator--Mass Effect Andromeda)

They could have gave us a great character to play to replace shepard---they didn't. They could have gave us an interesting new galaxy to learn about and explore--they didn't. They could have up'd the voice acting to make an impact--they didn't - they could have introduced engaging new alien races-they didn't.

It's like watching a mad for TV movie based on a Stephen King Novel.

Your 'Aliens' analogue is strong....except you left off 'Prometheus', which was (IMHO) a very good movie.

ghostryder

I was undecided about Prometheus and await the next one to see where that trilogy goes. Based on the trailers it looks pretty good but i fear the main plot twist may be a bummer (some speculate the android creates the monster). I kind of already accepted the Engineer's created them to end us---we being a failed experiment of the Engineers. Now we are to accept an android named David programmed by an Evil corporation and thus Evil as well engineered the xenomorph because that's what all corporations do in a Hollywood movie.

Tpek

I (and most other people I know) actually think the 3rd the is the worst.

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Gusington

слава Україна!

We can't live under the threat of a c*nt because he's threatening nuclear Armageddon.

-JudgeDredd

Rayfer

Quote from: mirth on April 25, 2017, 01:29:08 PM
Quote from: Gusington on April 25, 2017, 01:26:24 PM
Alien 3 rocks!

No. No it does not.

Neither does Prometheus.

To each his own. I thought Prometheus was excellent.

Gusington

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

Barthheart

He's right about 3 and wrong about Prometheus. 50% is not bad...

mirth

This is the entire plot of Prometheus

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

mirth

Gusington

Except me...until the end of time. Stop the Alien 3 hate!

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd

mirth

Gusington

You really want to bring polls into this? Hahaha

слава Україна!

-JudgeDredd