Ambush! by Forum

Started by Barthheart, November 03, 2014, 12:42:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JudgeDredd

Quote from: Silent Disapproval Robot on November 04, 2014, 04:15:09 PM
Gimme an M-1 and JD as a meat shield please.
lol - I can soak up some heat  ;D
Alba gu' brath

undercovergeek

ok, im thinking Double Deuce for the bazooka, and SDR for an M1 - the two best shooting guys not in command 

Thompsons for me and BC

M1s for everyone else

Stagger or Mirth for the BAR

Silent Disapproval Robot

Crap.  I didn't realize I was the best shot apart from the NCOs.  I can take the BAR if needed.

undercovergeek

medal for that man already

Double Deuce for the bazooka, and SDR for the BAR, but an M1 too in case the kit lands miles away

Thompsons for me and BC

M1s for everyone else

BanzaiCat

undercovergeek

yeah and ammo too - just looking at points values

Barthheart

Quote from: GJK on November 04, 2014, 04:11:19 PM
Are you going to be doing this on a VASSAL module or just take pictures of the actual game or ?

Yeah, there's a VASSAL module. I'll use it because it's easier than taking pics of the boardgame.

Barthheart

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 04, 2014, 04:12:35 PM
... can the BAR guy have a thompson and if he can get to the BAR drop the thompson and pick the BAR up?

Yes. Each soldier can jump with (or without) a weapon, then make his way to the weapon canister and change weapons with something that's inside.

GDS_Starfury

since I cant play I hope you cant reach the bazooka and a Panther shows up.   >:(

even better if that Panther comes out of a fog bank.
Toonces - Don't ask me, I just close my eyes and take it.

Gus - I use sweatpants with flannel shorts to soak up my crotch sweat.

Banzai Cat - There is no "partial credit" in grammar. Like anal sex. It's either in, or it's not.

Mirth - We learned long ago that they key isn't to outrun Star, it's to outrun Gus.

Martok - I don't know if it's possible to have an "anti-boner"...but I now have one.

Gus - Celery is vile and has no reason to exist. Like underwear on Star.

bob48

Panthers, in fog?

I'll believe it when I see it.

Anyway, no need to worry since I'm taking a jar of pickled onions with me. One good exhalation down the into the turret and 'der panzer ist Kaput'.

......and todays word, children, is 'EXHALATION'  :coolsmiley:
'We few, we happy few, we band of brothers'

'Clip those corners'

Recombobulate the discombobulators!

BanzaiCat

Is that good enough, Barth, or do you need Soldier-by-Soldier point spending breakdowns?

Barthheart

Quote from: undercovergeek on November 04, 2014, 05:29:06 PM
yeah and ammo too - just looking at points values

Did Geek's brain explode while trying to add up the numbers?  ???

Barthheart

Quote from: Banzai_Cat on November 05, 2014, 07:38:33 AM
Is that good enough, Barth, or do you need Soldier-by-Soldier point spending breakdowns?

I need soldier by soldier load outs.

BanzaiCat

Gotcha. I'll give it a shot (subject to our Squad Leader's approval of course).

Star: your ass is most certainly going to be in at some point. This game gets bloodier than mirth at a tampon convention.

BanzaiCat

Okay, I think we need to re-think the loadout, UCG.

I recall going through this before; this mission is agonizing as you want to take so much but you can only take SO much. We, I think, have to eschew either the Bazooka or the BAR. I recommend not bringing the BAR because if you and I each have an SMG, we have some good auto-weapon support, and it saves us a buttload of points. You and I each get an SMG, and each squaddie (including DD) gets an M-1.

The Container will get a Bazooka and three rounds of Bazooka ammo. Why do it this way? It's kind of pointless to drop DD with a bazooka and nothing else (you can only drop with one weapon port). You can't drop with Bazooka ammo so it's a real leap of faith to assume that damn container won't float into the middle of an SS party. It's much better to have everyone able to hit the ground able to fight immediately instead of groping in the dark for containers or French bewbs.

The points we save means everyone gets plenty of ammo and we can even distribute six grenades as well.

I've created an Excel spreadsheet but I can't figure out how to attach the file - I've seen others do that in this forum but strangely for the life of me I can't find a function to do that. If someone knows, please share that info with me. Meanwhile I'll have to share a screenshot instead:

Only reason I didn't assign grenades to bawb and JD is because of their -1 WS, but we can reallocate if you want. It might be the only way they can kill something.  :2funny:

Speaking of, SDR should probably get that extra grenade.