Running thread: Quality Long-form Journalism

Started by bayonetbrant, October 19, 2015, 09:15:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

bayonetbrant

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

"you don't look at the mantelpiece when you're poking the fire" - Bawb

"Can't 'un' until you 'pre', son." - Gus

Crazy Girl

Quote from: mirth on May 28, 2017, 11:18:30 AM
Child marriage in the US

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/05/26/opinion/sunday/it-was-forced-on-me-child-marriage-in-the-us.html

Call me weak, but I couldn't finish reading that. I started to cry too hard for personal reasons. The world is a shitty place. What the hell is wrong with people? Sick. I can't deal with it. It's called LEGALIZED PEDOPHILIA. Maybe this is getting to personal, but I don't care. I have nothing to hide. I can't remember the 1st time I was molested. I remember the 1st time I was raped. Unfortunately that wasn't the last time. I was 14. (Interesting. Friction by Imagine Dragons is playing right now in the background. Very fitting.) A slap on the wrist is what they got. These a-holes are running around like nothing. I on the other hand go to therapy 1-3 times a weak. I have flashbacks, PTSD. I work and volunteer so much to keep busy. I read and listen to music all the time. I feel that my rapists are also thieves, not only my sense of security, but my natural thought process. They moved into my mind and honestly they need to move the f*out. I'm working on evicting them. I've been told this might never happen. Yay me... that's not cool. That's a life sentence.  So, I'm going to go read The Little Prince to my baby and think happy thoughts.

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

mirth

"45 minutes of pooping Tribbles being juggled by a drunken Horta would be better than Season 1 of TNG." - SirAndrewD

bayonetbrant

mirth

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant

bayonetbrant