The 2015 Running Football Thread (College & Pro)

Started by bayonetbrant, February 03, 2015, 07:40:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Marty Ward

Quote from: MetalDog on March 25, 2015, 09:53:48 PM
I know it's apples to oranges, but, my team has 27 World Championships ;)

You own a team? Dude you must be like a Billionaire!!!!!!
If it looks like chicken, tastes like chicken, and feels like chicken but Chuck Norris says its beef, then it's beef.

If women had apostrophes instead of periods they would be even more possessive!

Airborne Rifles

Quote from: Marty Ward on March 26, 2015, 09:51:59 AM

I own the Green Bay Packers, or at least 1/6 millionth of the team. But I'm not a billionaire, unfortunately.

bayonetbrant

more like assholes to oranges.  you can guess which on the rest of us are ;)
The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

MetalDog

Quote from: Marty Ward on March 26, 2015, 09:51:59 AM

I could only WISH to own the Yankees!  That would be several lifetimes worth of good fortune for me!!

Quote from: bayonetbrant on March 26, 2015, 11:06:13 AM

more like assholes to oranges.  you can guess which on the rest of us are ;)

I am sooooooo not answering that :P
And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

Quote"I was basically out there playing with one hand ... I couldn't carry the ball in my left hand, I couldn't really punch with it (either when stiff-arming or when blocking), I couldn't really do much with it," Elliott said. "I was pretty handicapped."

Wait, what, Ohio States Ezekiel Elliott was playing one handed when he racked up 696 yards against Wisconsin, Alabama, and Oregon.  What's he going to do when he uses two hands!
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

so this is from a while ago, but it's pretty damned hilarious.  WVU fans put a vulgar spin on "Sweet Caroline" and the GameDay crew cracks up.

The key to surviving this site is to not say something which ends up as someone's tag line - Steelgrave

"their citizens (all of them counted as such) glorified their mythology of 'rights'...and lost track of their duties. No nation, so constituted, can endure." Robert Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Martok

"Like we need an excuse to drink to anything..." - Banzai_Cat
"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"At our ages, they all look like jailbait." - mirth

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

"Government is so expensive that it should at least be entertaining." - airboy

"As long as there's bacon, everything will be all right." - Toonces

MetalDog

And the One Song to Rule Them All is Gimme Shelter - Rolling Stones

"If its a Balrog, I don't think you get an option to not consent......." - bob

OJsDad

Interesting, the Eagles have now signed Tim Tebow.
'Here at NASA we all pee the same color.'  Al Harrison from the movie Hidden Figures.

bayonetbrant

they needed a jersey to sell, since they're still not stocking Sam Bradford jerseys

Martok

Never thought I'd say this, but: 

Please Jerry Jones, take AP off our hands.  At this point, I don't want the drama.  :buck2: 

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 20, 2015, 08:06:22 AM
they needed a jersey to sell, since they're still not stocking Sam Bradford dildos
FTFY

"I like to think of it not as an excuse but more like Pavlovian Response." - Sir Slash

"If we had lines here that would have crossed all of them. For the 1,077,986th time." - Gusington

Centurion40

Quote from: bayonetbrant on April 20, 2015, 08:06:22 AM
they needed a jersey to sell, since they're still not stocking Sam Bradford jerseys

Any time is a good time for pie.

bayonetbrant

if you walk into the team store at the stadium, there are no Bradford jerseys on shelves.

OJsDad

And it seems the Big12 is still clueless.

http://espn.go.com/college-football/story/_/id/12828961/big-12-commissioner-bob-bowlsby-says-conference-putting-title-game-talk-hold-now

PHOENIX -- The Big 12 is not moving forward with plans to add a conference title game, commissioner Bob Bowlsby said Tuesday during the conference's spring meetings.

Despite telling reporters last week that he sensed the league "will probably move in that direction," Bowlsby said Big 12 athletic directors believe there isn't enough evidence after one year of the College Football Playoff to justify such a significant move.

"I really have been proud of our athletic directors because they chose to respond to not being in the playoff rather than react," Bowlsby said. "I think they've been very thoughtful about it and continue to be thoughtful about it. We all believe that one year is not a long enough window or trial to draw any conclusions.

"We may find ourselves in better shape than some other conferences as a result of our model, not in spite of our model."

The Big 12 will continue to push for NCAA deregulation that would permit the conference to stage a title game, but that's not a path the conference is ready to go down after Baylor and TCU were left out of the inaugural playoff.

"I just think it's a process," he said. "That isn't to say we won't ever consider those things again or that we won't talk more tomorrow, but I just am not sensing that that's where we're heading."

There is no interest, he added, in expanding the Big 12 in order to fix their postseason problem.

The Big 12 is the only Power 5 conference not to play a title game. TCU and Baylor tied for the title last year but were left out of the CFP.

One issue the conference will address this week is establishing a tiebreaker, but Big 12 ADs and coaches will not finalize those plans until their Wednesday meetings.

"I'm quite comfortable in saying we'll come out with a resolution on that and a plan going forward," Bowlsby said.

Bowlsby said ADs discussed the Big 12's scheduling model -- a nine-game round-robin format -- and were unanimous that they do not want to change to an eight-game conference schedule.

"We felt that we ought to keep it the way it is," Bowlsby said, "and have it be about who we play and not who we don't play."

Martok

Maybe they have a crippling fear of money and success?